ENERGY STAR® Certified Smart & Programmable Thermostat RebatesControl your energy costs, even when you aren’t home.
|Qualifying Products||Rebate Amount|
|7-day programmable thermostats||Up to $25/thermostat (limit 4)|
|ENERGY STAR® certified Smart thermostats||Up to $100/thermostat (limit 4)|
To apply for a thermostat rebate, purchase an eligible model at a local hardware store and self-install it, or hire a heating contractor or electrician to complete the installation. Installation is at your cost.
Or, Shop Our Online Catalog
Receive instant discounts on energy saving smart and programmable thermostats, courtesy of the Sponsors of Mass Save®. You will not need to apply for a rebate, as our online store offers instant price discounts.
Or, Interested in No-Cost Installation?
Through our home energy assessment, residential customers can take advantage of Mass Save® discounted prices and purchase Nest Thermostat E for just $100 or Building 36™ Wi-Fi Thermostats for $75. We’ll even install them at no cost to you. Click here for more information.
Wondering What to Do With Your Old Thermostat?
Older thermostats are likely to contain mercury. When switching to a new programmable or smart thermostat, learn how to dispose of your old thermostat safely.
- Must be a Massachusetts residential gas heating or electric customer of Berkshire Gas, Blackstone Gas, Columbia Gas of Massachusetts, Eversource, Liberty Utilities, National Grid, or Unitil.
- Equipment purchases and installations made between January 1, 2019 and December 31, 2019 are eligible.
- Must purchase a new smart or programmable thermostat. Refurbished units are not eligible. Wireless connection must be enabled.
- Rebate form must be filled out completely, signed, and accompanied by dated receipts or invoices, and received by the Program within 60 days from installation date.
- Equipment installation may be subject to a verification inspection.
- Maximum rebate cannot exceed purchase price (excluding any taxes).
- Thermostats may be available at no cost through the Income Eligible Program. Find out more and see if you qualify.