We collect two types of information from you or about you in connection with your use of or submissions to the Site: information you voluntarily choose to disclose and information we automatically collect as you browse our Site.
Information You Voluntarily Submit
We collect and store any information you enter on our Site. Information is collected from you in the following areas:
- Registration: If you register for specific information, events, or contests on various areas of the Site, we will generally ask you to provide contact information and preferences regarding the material, event, or contest for which you desire to register. You may, however, visit our Site without registering.
- Social Media: If you comment on, react to, or share posts that we have made on our social media platforms or other user-generated content facilities, we may collect the content of such message and record the fact that you have reacted to or shared such posts. For more detail on information collected on social media platforms, please see the “Public Forums” section below.
- Orders: Some areas of the Site may allow you to order products or services. In connection with these transactions, we collect data necessary to complete the transaction and that is furnished by you. This may include your contact information, email address, telephone number, credit card number, and information about your home or business.
- Surveys: At times, you may be asked to voluntarily complete survey questions that appear on the Site.
Information Collected Automatically
When you browse our Site, you and your web browser may also automatically transmit information to us that we collect and store. Such information includes the third party website that brought you to the Site, the pages within the Site that you visit, the date and time of your use of the Site, your operating system and browser, and other click-stream data. This information may be combined with information that you voluntarily provide.
How We Use the Information We Collect
We use the information you submit to us to communicate with you if and when necessary in connection with your use of our Site, to respond to your questions, or to send you material and information you request. We may use the information to:
- Personalize your Site experience.
- Consider your suggestions.
- Respond directly to you for clarification.
- Try to answer your questions if you ask them.
- Provide you with email messages and other information regarding upcoming events, new services and general information about our products and services, if you have opted in for that.
We may use any information we collect to analyze statistical use patterns and demographic data (for example, where our visitors come from and what general demographic characteristics they have) and to improve our Site to better serve our customers.
When you view the Site, we may store some information on your computer. This information will be in the form of a “cookie” or similar file and will help us in many ways. Cookies are small text files placed on your computer’s hard drive so that we can recognize you the next time you visit the Site. For example, cookies are used to allow us to track your movements when you visit the Site to help us determine what type of information to present to you and to tailor the Site to better match your interests and preferences.
With Whom Your Information May Be Shared
In the course of conducting our business, we may share user information with our affiliates and contractors, to the extent necessary to accomplish the purpose for which the information was submitted. For example, some of our services or promotions are offered through affiliation relationships with other entities, and we may share user information with such affiliated parties to assist them in providing such services or promotions.
Should you happen to initiate a transaction on a website that our Site links to, the information that you submit to complete that transaction becomes subject to the privacy practices of the operator of that linked site. You should read that site’s privacy policies to understand how information collected about you is used and protected. The Network assumes no responsibility for the information practices of sites you are able to access through the Site.
The Network may disclose user information in special cases when we have reason to believe that disclosing this information is necessary, including: to comply with applicable laws; to cooperate with or seek assistance from law enforcement; or to identify, contact or bring legal action against someone who may be causing injury to or interference with the Network’s rights or property or that of other Site users or anyone else. We may also disclose user information when necessary to enforce our Terms and Conditions, a copy of which is located at http://www.masssave.com/terms-and-conditions.
We may make discussion boards, groups, social media platforms and/or other public forums available to our users. Please remember that any information that is disclosed in these areas becomes public information and you should exercise caution when deciding to disclose your personally identifiable information. Before you share anything on such platforms or groups with anyone, please make sure that the recipient is agreeable to receiving such shared information and expects to receive it. You may only share such information with another person from our Site or social media platforms where you have such person’s express permission.
Where you “like” or follow us on any of our social media platforms, you agree to receive notifications and messages from us through such platforms. However, you may choose to opt out of such notifications and messages within the settings or options of such platforms.
The Site is not directed at persons less than 18 years of age and our content and other services are not written, intended, or designed for persons under 18 years of age. We do not intend to collect any personal information from such individuals. Where appropriate, the Network may specifically instruct children not to submit such information on the Site. If a child has provided us with personal information, a parent or guardian of that child should contact us at info@MassSave.com if he or she would like this information deleted from our records. We will use reasonable efforts to delete the child’s personal information from our existing files.
Confidentiality and Security