Energy Management Systems and Vending Misers®Get more control over equipment usage and energy costs with these money-saving incentives.
The Sponsors of Mass Save® Offer Financial Incentives for the Installation Of:
- Energy Management Systems (EMS) that automatically turn off equipment through programmable electronic controls and meet eligibility requirements
- Vending Miser Systems that control the lighting and cooling systems of commercially available vending machines when they are not in use and meet eligibility requirements
For complete eligibility details and terms and conditions, refer to application or portal.
Note: Columbia Gas customers, please visit the Columbia Gas website for applications and information.
Contact your Mass Save Sponsor before purchasing and installing any equipment. You may use the Find Your Sponsor tool for contact information for your area.
To qualify for an incentive, the building’s new Energy Management System (EMS) must incorporate all EMS strategies listed if they are appropriate to the facility and equipment.
- Only EMS points associated with the control of non-lighting electric end uses and gas end uses are eligible for incentives.
- Fuel controls, lighting controls, and alarm points are not eligible.
- Only the installation of a new EMS or expansion of an existing system to control additional equipment is eligible for incentives. EMS must be installed in an existing building on existing equipment. The replacement of an operating EMS or existing control points or a software upgrade is not eligible for incentives. The installation of EMS on new equipment is not eligible for incentives.
- An EMS shall include a central operator’s station including a central processing unit, PC (local or remote), monitor, and printer. The operator’s station shall be capable of monitoring all sensors and field devices in real time. Communications shall be via modem, communications bus, wireless device, or internet connection to other microprocessor-based field services.