Electric Heating and Cooling Equipment
Lower your electric bills and make your home more comfortable, year round.
Central Air Conditioning and Heat Pumps
*The Sponsors of Mass Save train participating contractors in the installation procedures such as proper duct sealing, airflow measurements, and appropriate sizing for your living space to ensure equipment operates efficiently.
A central heat pump operates on the same principles as a central AC system, but is able to provide heating as well as cooling by using the difference between outdoor air temperatures and indoor air temperatures to cool and heat your home.
|Central air conditioning system|
|Central heat pump|
|Central heat pump|
*Seasonal Energy Efficiency Ratio
**Energy Efficiency Ratio
***Heating Seasonal Performance Factor
The Sponsors of Mass Save offer rebates of up to $300 per indoor unit to residential electric customers for installing qualified mini-split heat pumps.
Mini-split heat pumps are efficient HVAC systems that can produce cooling for the summer months and heating in the winter months. A mini-split system is composed of two components: an outdoor condensing unit and one or more indoor air handling units, connected by a conduit through your wall.
(per indoor Unit)
Split Heat Pump
Split Heat Pump
- Mini-split heat pumps can be installed by any MA-licensed HVAC contractor.
- As with any home improvement, it is good practice to obtain quotes from multiple contractors.
- Typical objectives of installing a mini-split heat pump can include:
- Reducing the amount of heat supplied by oil, propane or electric resistance
- Heating and cooling the whole house
- Heating and cooling an individual room
- Regardless of your objective, be clear about understanding what size unit is right for your space, and how your mini-split heat pump will perform in freezing temperatures.
How the Electric Heating & Cooling Rebate Program Works:
Contact your HVAC contractor* to determine which equipment is right for your home.
When the work is completed by a licensed contractor, fill out and submit the applicable rebate form along with a dated receipt and contractor invoice showing the make, model and date of installation. To submit online, go to MassSave.com/Rebates.
*The Sponsors of Mass Save trains participating contractors in the installation procedures such as proper duct sealing, airflow measurements, and appropriate sizing for your living space to ensure equipment operates efficiently.
Interested in Financing Your New Equipment?
The Sponsors of Mass Save are buying down interest rates to make energy efficiency more affordable for Massachusetts residents. With our HEAT Loan, you could qualify for a loan of up to $25,000 toward qualified energy efficient home improvements with terms up to seven years, depending on your Sponsor and the loan provider. Central air conditioners and heat pumps must be installed by an AC Check trained contractor in order to be eligible for HEAT loan financing.
To get started, call us at 866-527-7283 to schedule a Home Energy Assessment. A Mass Save representative will review the results of the assessment, let you know which improvements would be eligible for HEAT Loan financing, and give you all the paperwork you need.
- Must be a Massachusetts residential electric customer of Cape Light Compact, Eversource, National Grid, or Unitil.
- Equipment purchases and installations made between January 1, 2017 and December 31, 2017 are eligible
- Equipment must be installed by a licensed heating contractor or plumber.
- Municipal electric customers are not eligible.
- Equipment installation may be subject to a verification inspection.
- Electric heating and cooling equipment may be available at no cost through the Income Eligible Program. Find out more and see if you qualify.