Please Note: The Sponsors of Mass Save have announced changes planned to residential heating and cooling equipment incentives. These incentives will be available for eligible purchases and installations completed between January 1 and December 31, 2023. A complete list of 2023 Residential Heating & Cooling Rebates can be found here.
Natural Gas Heating Equipment
You can reduce your winter energy costs by upgrading to high-efficiency heating equipment. In addition to savings on your monthly bill, Sponsors of Mass Save® offer rebates of up to $2,750 to eligible customers.
Natural Gas Water Heaters
A high-efficiency water heater can reduce your monthly water heating costs. In addition to savings on your monthly bill, Sponsors of Mass Save® offer rebates of up to $700 to eligible customers.
Interested in 0% financing?
Apply for a Mass Save HEAT Loan prior to installing your equipment. The Sponsors® of Mass Save are buying down interest rates to make energy efficiency more affordable for Massachusetts residents. With our HEAT Loan, you could qualify for a loan of up to $25,000 toward qualified energy efficient home improvements with terms up to seven years, depending on your Sponsor and the loan provider.
New system(s) must be replacing an existing residential electric, propane, natural gas, or oil water heating and/or heating system. Visit Residential New Construction Program, Residential High-Rise New Construction Program and Renovations and Additions Program to learn about how to participate in these programs.
- Offers valid only for residential customers in Massachusetts where Berkshire Gas, Eversource, Liberty Utilities, National Grid, or Unitil is the Program Sponsor.
- Condensing heating equipment replacing pre-existing non-condensing heating equipment may be eligible for Tier II rebates:
- Account holder must complete a special home visit or Home Energy Assessment prior to installation to confirm the inefficiency of existing equipment. Get started www.masssave.com/getverified
- Equipment must be purchased and installed between January 1, 2022, and December 31, 2022
- Equipment must be installed by a licensed contractor or plumber
- Rebate form must be filled out completely, signed, accompanied by dated receipts or invoices, and received by the Mass Save representative within 60 days of installation
Equipment installation may be subject to a verification inspection prior to rebate reimbursement. See Terms & Conditions for full requirements.