Greater control. Brighter savings.
Take advantage of incentives on lighting equipment, which can help you reduce your energy costs.
Choose LED Lighting and Get Savings
The Sponsors of Mass Save® have partnered with electrical distributors to offer contractors and commercial lighting customers discounted pricing on LED lamps and select types of LED fixtures for commercial applications.
Program incentives are provided directly to the distributor by the Sponsors: Cape Light Compact JPE, Eversource, National Grid, and Unitil. Eligible lamps can only be purchased through participating distributors.
Get access to incentives and discounted pricing . Start saving today. Please see below for the current incentive chart.
How to Participate:
Find a Participating Distributor:
Please use the tool below to locate participating lighting distributors in your area.
Choose Qualified Lighting Products
Please refer to the Eligible LED Product Types table below for the list of qualified products.
Receive Instant Rebate
To receive the rebate at the time of sale, the commercial site and contractor information must be given to distributor. Once you receive your energy efficient lighting, make sure to install it in your facility within 30 days and start realizing your energy savings.
Ready to order?
Use the “Find the Distributor” tool below to ﬁnd a distributor near you.
The Sponsors of Mass Save would like to offer a reminder that the Design Lights Consortium Solid-State Lighting (SSL) Technical Requirements Version 5.1 (DLC V5.1) will go into effect July 1, 2022. We will no longer offer incentives on products that do not meet the DLC V5.1 requirements.
DLC V5.1 requirements offer:
- Advancements in lighting quality characteristics:
- Color performance
- Light distribution
- Reporting on integrated controls and control communication protocol
- All products must be dimmable
Starting now, the DLC website will alert you if a product is eligible for DLC 5.0 or DLC 5.1. Beginning July 1, 2022, DLC 5.0 products will move to “Delisted” status.
We will still honor incentives for any projects approved prior to July 1, 2022 through the incentive expiration date. If you have questions regarding your specific program or project, please reach out to your regular contact. We appreciate your continued support in making Massachusetts more energy efficient. More information can be found at: https://www.designlights.org/.
Eligible LED Product Types
Eligible lamps or fixtures must fall under the program specific lighting categories, listed on the current incentive chart below. Products must also be on one of the qualified products lists (QPLs) to be considered.
The following types of fixtures and lamps are included:
LED Lighting Product Types
LED lamps use up to 90 percent less energy and can last up to 15 times longer than traditional lamps.
- All screw base LED lamps must be listed on the ENERGY STAR® Certified Light Bulbs list to be eligible for incentives. Click here for the list.
- G24 pin base LED lamps must be listed on the Design Lights Consortium (DLC) site (Click here for the DLC qualified product list).
- GX23 pin base LED lamps (formerly listed on Lighting Design Lab) are now qualified separately, please reach out to the Program Contact to determine eligibility.
LED Stairwell Fixtures and Sensors
Stairwell fixtures are typically on 24/7; applying an LED fixture and occupancy sensor can reduce energy use by up to 80 percent. Eligible stairwell fixtures must utilize occupancy sensors (internal only), be under 55 watts, and be listed on the Qualifying Fixture List. Click here to find stairwell fixtures on the Design Light Consortium's Qualifying Fixture List. No drum fixtures are allowed for these categories.
LED downlights use up to 90 percent less energy than traditional lamps. All LED downlights must be listed on the ENERGY STAR Certified Light Fixture list in order to qualify for incentives. Click here for the list.
Linear Replacement Lamps
LED linear replacement lamps must be listed on the Design Lights Consortium (DLC) site (Click here for the DLC qualified product list) and meet the following criteria:
- TLEDs must have an integral driver and be FL ballast compatible
- TLEDs must require no rewiring
- 2015 Linear LED Policy Clarification
Key Program Requirements
- Minimum customer contribution is required for any lamp or fixture sold that is receiving an instant incentive
- Only commercially metered locations in one of the Program Sponsors territories in Massachusetts qualify for incentives. Municipal electric customers are not eligible to receive incentives.
- Equipment must be installed and operated within Massachusetts.
- Equipment must be installed within 30 days.
- Lamps and fixtures receiving an instant incentive are not allowed to be incentivized through any other program offered by the Sponsors of Mass Save
To inquire about program eligibility, qualified products, or becoming an approved distributor, please reach out to the contact below.
Program Contact for Commercial Instant Lighting
Email: [email protected]
Please note: Municipal Electric customers are not eligible for rebates and incentives offered by the Sponsors of Mass Save®. To find out if your area is eligible use the find your Sponsor tool.