Smart Thermostat and Installation
Through our home energy assessment, residential customers can take advantage of Mass Save® discounted prices and purchase a Nest Thermostat E for just $100 or a Building 36™ Wi-Fi Thermostat for $75. We’ll even install them at no cost to you. These easy-to-use, energy-saving thermostats adapt to your schedule and let you control your home's temperature from anywhere.
- Connects to your smartphone to automatically adjust the temperature based on your location, and lets you control it on the go
- Sends you alerts when the heating or cooling system's filter needs changing, or the temperature is too high or too low
- Compatible with several SmartHome systems
The Nest Thermostat E and Building 36 Thermostat are compatible with a wide range of heating and air-conditioning systems, however, not all thermostats are compatible with all systems. Installation is subject to compatibility with your heating and cooling systems, and the offer is subject to change.
Interested in Purchasing a Different Smart Thermostat?
Rebates of up to $100 per smart thermostat (limit of 4 per customer account) are available. You can self-install the thermostats, or hire a heating contractor or electrician to complete the installation (at your cost). No-cost installation is NOT available for rebates or online store purchases. No-cost installation is only offered through the home energy assessment for either the Nest Thermostat E or Building 36 Thermostat.
- This offer is available to residential customers of Berkshire Gas, Blackstone Gas, Cape Light Compact JPE, Columbia Gas of Massachusetts, Eversource, Liberty Utilities, National Grid, and Unitil.
- Participation restricted to residential 1-4 unit homes.
- This offer is not available for electric resistance heating.
- Applicable MA state sales tax to be applied at the time of purchase.
- See full Terms and Conditions for more details.
- The installation cost (labor) of all thermostats purchased will be fully subsidized by your natural gas and electric utilities and energy efficiency service providers. By accepting energy efficiency incentive(s) you acknowledge that the energy usage data collected through the use of the wireless-enabled thermostat(s) may be shared with your electric or gas distribution company. Payment must be received at the time of installation by credit card or check.
- Smart thermostats may be available at no cost through the Income Eligible program. Find out more and see if you qualify.
- For more information, visit our FAQs.