Propane Water Heaters
Lower your water heating bills and save on equipment costs.
High-Efficiency Propane Water Heating Equipment Rebates
|Equipment||Rebate Amount||Efficiency Requirements|
|Indirect water heater||$500||Must be attached to a propane-fired heating system. Must replace a freestanding or tankless water heater. Solar storage tanks are not eligible.|
|On-demand water heater||$800||.94 Energy Factor (EF) or higher with electronic ignition|
Interested in Financing Your New Equipment?
Mass Save® Program Administrators are bringing down interest rates to make energy efficiency more affordable for Massachusetts residents. With our HEAT Loan, you could qualify for a loan of up to $25,000 toward qualified energy efficient home improvements with terms up to seven years, depending on your Program Administrator and the loan provider.
To get started, call Mass Save at 866-527-7283 to schedule a Home Energy Assessment. A Mass Save representative will review the results of the assessment, let you know which improvements would be eligible for HEAT Loan financing, and give you all the paperwork you need.
- This offer is only open to Massachusetts residential electric customers of Cape Light Compact JPE, Eversource, National Grid, or Unitil.
- Eligible equipment must be installed in a 1-4 family home.
- Equipment purchases and installations made between January 1, 2017 and December 31, 2017 are eligible.
- The new system(s) must use the same fuel as the existing system(s).
- Equipment must be installed by a licensed heating contractor or plumber.
- Municipal electric customers are not eligible. Rebate form must be filled out completely, signed, and accompanied by dated receipts or invoices, and received by the Program by January 31, 2018.
- Equipment installation may be subject to a verification inspection.
- Oil heating equipment may be available at no cost through the Income Eligible Program. Find out more and see if you qualify.