Residential New ConstructionIncentives for single-family homes and multi-family homes (3 stories or less)
The Massachusetts Residential New Construction Program Low-Rise Path promotes the construction of energy efficient homes in Massachusetts. The Program encourages participating projects to meet ENERGY STAR® new home certification when practical. Monetary incentives are available to Program participants who complete homes that meet all Program requirements. The incentives available and Program eligibility requirements are subject to change and may vary each Program year.
Better energy efficiency and performance means lower energy and maintenance costs. Homes earning the ENERGY STAR label use 15-30% less energy than typical new homes, and even more when compared to most resale homes on the market today.
Is Your Project Eligible?
Residential new construction and total gut renovation projects, three stories or less, are eligible to participate if located within a Mass Save Sponsor’s service territory in Massachusetts. Master-metered natural gas heated projects may be eligible to participate through the High-Rise Path.
What Determines Incentive Eligibility for Projects?
- Incentives are dependent on specific energy efficiency requirements, the home’s performance, and overall energy savings
- Overall energy savings are determined by electric savings + fuel savings (natural gas, propane, oil) + the home’s performance compared to the average new home in Massachusetts. Click here to learn more.
- Participants are eligible for LED light bulbs at no cost
- Program incentives are subject to change
How Do You Receive Incentives?
- Participants work with approved HERS Rating companies to enroll projects into the Program
- All projects must be verified by an independent HERS Rating company
- Incentives are available for all types of residential new construction projects including single family homes and individually metered low-rise multifamily buildings
- Our dedicated Account Managers or your selected HERS Rater can guide you and ensure that you receive all of the incentives available for your project