Natural Gas Water Heaters
Lower your water heating bills and save on equipment costs.
A high-efficiency water heater can reduce your monthly water heating costs. In addition to savings on your monthly bill, eligible customers can save on equipment costs with rebates of up to $800. Make sure the equipment you're considering meets the rebate qualifications before installation. See details below or call 1-800-232-0672
High-Efficiency Natural Gas Water Heating Equipment Rebates
|Equipment||Rebate Amount||Efficiency Requirement|
|On demand, tankless water heater||$800*||Energy Factor of 0.94 or greater|
|$500*||Energy Factor of 0.82 or greater|
|Condensing gas water heater||$500||95% Thermal Efficiency or greater (75 to 3000 MBH)|
|Indirect water heater||$400||Attached to a Natural Gas Boiler|
|ENERGY STAR® certified storage water heater||$100||Energy Factor of 0.67 or greater|
*Offer is not available to Berkshire Gas and Unitil Gas customers in MA.
Select your natural gas provider below to print your rebate form and submit by mail:
Interested in Financing Your New Equipment?
Mass Save' Program Administrators are bringing down interest rates to make energy efficiency more affordable for Massachusetts residents. With our HEAT Loan, you could qualify for a loan of up to $25,000 toward qualified energy efficient home improvements with terms up to sevenyears, depending on your Program Administrator and the loan provider.
To get started, call Mass Save at 866-527-7283 to schedule a Home Energy Assessment. A Mass Save representative will review the results of the assessment, let you know which improvements would be eligible for HEAT Loan financing, and give you all the paperwork you need.
- Must be a Massachusetts residential gas customer of Berkshire Gas, Blackstone Gas, Columbia Gas of Massachusetts, Eversource, Liberty Utilities, National Grid, or Unitil.
- Equipment purchases and installations made between January 1, 2017 and December 31, 2017 are eligible.
- Equipment must be installed by a licensed heating contractor or plumber.
- Rebate form must be filled out completely, signed, and accompanied by dated receipts or invoices, and received by the Program within 60 days from installation date.2018.
- Equipment installation may be subject to a verification inspection.
- Natural gas water heaters may be available at no cost through the Income Eligible Program. Find out more and see if you qualify.