Natural Gas Water HeatersLower your water heating bills and save on equipment costs.
A high-efficiency water heater can reduce your monthly water heating costs. In addition to savings on your monthly bill, eligible customers can save on equipment costs with rebates of up to $700. Make sure the equipment you're considering meets the rebate qualifications before installation. See details below or call 1-800-232-0672.
High-Efficiency Natural Gas Water Heating Equipment Rebates
|Equipment||Rebate Amount||Efficiency Requirement|
|ENERGY STAR® Certified On Demand, Tankless Water Heater||$700||UEF of .87 or greater|
|ENERGY STAR Certified Storage Water Heater||$100||Medium Draw UEF of .64 or greater
High Draw UEF of .68 or greater
|ENERGY STAR Certified Condensing Gas Water Heater||$500||UEF of .80 or greater|
|Indirect Water Heater (must be connected to a natural gas forced hot water boiler)||$400|
UEF = Uniform Energy Factor
Interested in Financing Your New Equipment?
The Sponsors of Mass Save® are buying down interest rates to make energy efficiency more affordable for Massachusetts residents. With our HEAT Loan, you could qualify for a loan of up to $25,000 toward qualified energy efficient home improvements with terms up to seven years, depending on your Sponsor and the loan provider.
To get started, call Mass Save at 866-527-7283 to schedule a Home Energy Assessment. A Mass Save representative will review the results of the assessment, let you know which improvements would be eligible for HEAT Loan financing, and give you all the paperwork you need.
- Must be a Massachusetts residential gas customer of Berkshire Gas, Blackstone Gas, Columbia Gas of Massachusetts, Eversource, Liberty Utilities, National Grid, or Unitil.
- Equipment purchases and installations made between January 1, 2019 and December 31, 2019 are eligible.
- Equipment must be installed by a licensed heating contractor or plumber.
- Rebate form must be filled out completely, signed, and accompanied by dated receipts or invoices, and received by the Program within 60 days from installation date.
- Equipment installation may be subject to a verification inspection.
- Natural gas water heaters may be available at no cost through the Income Eligible Program. Find out more and see if you qualify.