Natural Gas Heating Equipment
Lower your energy bills and make your home more comfortable.
You can reduce your winter energy costs by upgrading to high-efficiency heating equipment. In addition to savings on your monthly bill, eligible customers can save on equipment costs with rebates of up to $1,600.
Make sure the equipment you're considering meets the rebate qualifications before installation. See details below or call 1-800-232-0672.
High-Efficiency Natural Gas Heating Equipment Rebates
|Equipment||Rebate Amount||Efficiency Requirement|
|Warm air furnace||$300||≥ 95% AFUE rating equipped with Electronic Commutated Motor (ECM) or equivalent advanced furnace fan system|
|$600||≥ 97% AFUE rating equipped with Electronic Commutated Motor (ECM) or equivalent advanced furnace fan system|
|Forced hot water boiler**||$1,000||≥ 90% AFUE rating|
|$1,500||≥ 95% AFUE rating|
|Condensing Boiler w/On-Demand Hot Water Heater (must be considered one unit by manufacturer)||$1,200||≥ 90% AFUE boiler rating|
|$1,600||≥ 95% AFUE boiler rating|
*Rebate cannot exceed the retail price, not including tax AFUE = Annual Fuel Utilization Efficiency rating ECM = Electronically Commutated Motor
**Outdoor reset control required.
If you’re looking to make your boiler more efficient, then you may be interested in our offers on boiler outdoor reset controls.
Select your natural gas provider below to print rebate form to submit by mail:
Interested in Financing Your New Equipment?
The Sponsors of Mass Save are bringing down interest rates to make energy efficiency more affordable for Massachusetts residents. With our HEAT Loan, you could qualify for a loan of up to $25,000 toward qualified energy efficient home improvements with terms up to seven years, depending on your Sponsor and the loan provider.
To get started, call Mass Save at
- Must be a Massachusetts residential gas customer of Berkshire Gas, Blackstone Gas, Columbia Gas of Massachusetts, Eversource, Liberty Utilities, National Grid, or Unitil.
- Equipment purchases and installations made between January 1, 2018 and December 31, 2018 are eligible.
- Equipment must be installed by a licensed heating contractor or plumber.
- Rebate form must be filled out completely, signed, and accompanied by dated receipts or invoices, and received by the Program within 60 days from installation date 2019.
- Equipment installation may be subject to a verification inspection.
- Natural gas water heaters may be available at no cost through the Income Eligible Program. Find out more and see if you qualify.