Additional Grants and 0% Loan Offers from the Massachusetts Department of Energy ResourcesAct now to increase the comfort of your home and maximize your savings.
The Massachusetts Department of Energy Resources (DOER) is proud to offer the following Barrier Mitigation Grants and Expanded 0% Loan Options.
Expanded Loan Options
There are now more ways you can maximize your energy savings. The following options are eligible for a 0% Interest Loan with participating lenders. Whether your interest is in maximizing weatherization upgrades, or expanding the scope of your energy-saving projects in a 2-4-family building, these options are available to help you on your way.
|0% Loan Options|
|Offer||Type||Loan Amount||Loan Term|
|Central wood pellet heating system loans||1-4-family loan||Up to $25,000||Up to 84 Months|
|Expanded 2-4-Family Loans||2-4-family expanded loan amount||Beyond $25,000 and up to $50,000|
Central Wood Pellet Heating Systems
- 0% interest loan up to $25,000 with terms up to 84 months
- Eligible pellet boiler or pellet furnace must be installed in a 1-4-unit residential building as a central heating system
- Must meet detailed specifications, including at least two tons of bulk storage and (for pellet systems): a thermal efficiency rating of 85 percent or greater and an emissions rating ≤ to 0.08 lb PM2.5/MMBtu, or (for wood chip systems): a thermal efficiency rating of 75 percent or greater and an emissions rating ≤to 0.10 lb PM2.5/MMBtu
Expanded 2-4 Family Loans
- 0% interest loan, with the cap increased from $25,000 to $50,000, with terms up to 84 months
- Requires a work scope encompassing 2-, 3- or 4-dwelling units
- Funds may be used for any valid HEAT Loan measure
Barrier Mitigation Grants
The MA DOER is funding grants for income qualified customers of Mass Save who have barriers to completing weatherization or heating upgrades.
- Grants are available to help cover the cost of remediation of knob & tube wiring, asbestos, or vermiculite
- Customers must move forward with Mass Save approved insulation or equipment upgrades to receive grants
- Complete the easy, no-cost income verification by calling 866-537-7267, Option 1, or online at MassSave.applytosave.com
|Knob and Tube Wiring||Up to $7,000|
|Vermiculite||Up to $7,000|
|Asbestos||Up to $4,000|
Get Started Today
To learn more about the requirements of these Massachusetts Department of Energy Resources no-interest loan offers, please contact your Mass Save Energy Specialist or your HEAT Loan Administrator. To determine your HEAT Loan Administrator, please find the Mass Save Program Sponsor that serves your location in the table below:
|Mass Save® Program Sponsor||Territory||HEAT Loan Administrator||Address||Phone|
|Cape Light Compact||Cape Cod & Martha’s Vineyard||Rise Engineering||5 Dupont Avenue, South Yarmouth, MA 02664||508.568.1926|
|Municipal Electric with Unitil Gas, Columbia Gas, or Liberty Gas||Cape Cod & Martha's Vineyard||Rise Engineering||5 Dupont Ave, So.Yarmouth, MA 02664||508.568.1926|
|Unitil Electric||All||Rise Engineering||60 Shawmut Rd. Unit 2, Canton, MA 02021||800.422.5365|
|Eversource Electric||All except Cape & Vineyard||CLEAResult||50 Washington St, Suite 3000 Westborough, MA 01581
|National Grid Electric||All except Cape & Vineyard||CLEAResult||50 Washington St, Suite 3000 Westborough, MA 01581||800.696.8077|
|Municipal Electric with Eversource or National Grid Gas||All except Cape & Vineyard||CLEAResult||50 Washington St, Suite 3000 Westborough, MA 01581||800.696.8077|