Please Note: Before upgrading or installing a propane boiler or furnace, consider a heat pump. Heat pumps provide both heating and cooling in one unit and can be installed with or without existing ductwork. The Sponsors of Mass Save offer rebates up to $15,000 per home on qualifying heat pump systems. Click here to learn more.
You can reduce your winter energy costs by upgrading to high-efficiency heating equipment. In addition to savings on your monthly bill, Sponsors of Mass Save® offer rebates of up to $4,500 to eligible customers.
If you meet the annual household income requirements, you may qualify for enhanced incentives and rebates that will improve your home's comfort and reduce energy use.
Propane Heating Equipment
Customers replacing existing Condensing Propane Furnaces or Boilers are not eligible for Tier II rebate amounts. If pursuing Tier II rebates, pre-verification is required prior to installation. Visit MassSave.com/GetVerified
Propane Water Heating
A high-efficiency water heater can reduce your monthly energy costs. In addition to savings on your monthly bill, eligible customers can save on upfront equipment costs with rebates of up to $550.
Interested in 0% financing?
Apply for a Mass Save HEAT Loan prior to installing your equipment. The Sponsors® of Mass Save are buying down interest rates to make energy efficiency more affordable for Massachusetts residents. With our HEAT Loan, you could qualify for a loan of up to $25,000 toward qualified energy efficient home improvements with terms up to seven years, depending on your Sponsor and the loan provider.
- Offers valid only for residential customers in Massachusetts where Cape Light Compact, Eversource, National Grid, or Unitil is the Program Sponsor.
- Equipment must be installed by a licensed contractor or plumber between January 1, 2023 and December 31, 2023
- Equipment must be new and must meet minimum efficiency requirements.
- Condensing heating equipment replacing pre-existing non-condensing heating equipment may be eligible for Tier II rebates. Account holder must complete a special home visit or Home Energy Assessment prior to installation to confirm the inefficiency of existing equipment. Get started www.masssave.com/getverified
- Rebate form and supporting documentation must be received by February 29, 2024
Please note, program is subject to change without notice, including rebate and incentive levels. Rebate cannot be combined with other incentives for the same equipment. Rebate amount not to exceed total installation cost. Sponsor reserves the right to conduct a verification inspection prior to rebate payment. Please allow eight weeks for rebate processing. Sponsor does not warrant the performance of installed equipment. See Terms & Conditions for full requirements.