- Offers valid only for residential customers in Massachusetts where Berkshire Gas, Cape Light Compact, Eversource, Liberty Utilities, National Grid, or Unitil is the Program Sponsor1.
- Equipment must be installed by a licensed plumber between January 1, 2023 and December 31, 2023.
- Equipment must be ENERGY STAR® certified.
- Equipment must be new and installed to replace an existing residential electric resistance, propane, natural gas, or oil water heater.
- Contractors can receive a $750 instant incentive on eligible models through participating distributors.
- Customers may purchase a heat pump water heater directly from Home Depot or Lowe's to receive a $750 instant rebate.
- Equipment must be installed in a residential home with 1-4 units.
- To find ENERGY STAR® certified Heat Pump Water Heater units, talk to a licensed contractor or visit the ENERGY STAR® website for a list of local installers at www.energystar.gov/productfinder/water-heater-installers/.
Please note, equipment must be installed in a residential home with 1-4 units. Program is subject to change without notice, including rebate and incentive levels. Rebate cannot be combined with other Mass Save incentives for the same equipment. Rebate amount not to exceed total purchase price. Sponsor reserves the right to conduct a verification inspection. Sponsor does not warrant the performance of installed equipment.
If you have any questions about rebates through participating distributors, please call 1-617-440-5468 or email [email protected].
If you have any questions about rebates through participating retailers, please call 1-888-895-0568 or email [email protected].