Municipal PartnershipEarn awards when your community saves energy
Achieve awards when you meet energy-saving goals in your residential and small business communities.
The sponsors of Mass Save are seeking cities and towns interested in committing to set energy-saving goals in both residential and small business communities. Goals would include energy assessments and residential energy efficiency measures completed in a calendar year, starting January 1, 2021. Awards are awarded based on goals achieved by December 31, 2021.
By teaming up with their Mass Save sponsor, selected municipalities will receive energy efficiency expertise and marketing support. Together we will leverage the local knowledge, trusted relationships and experience from municipalities to increase awareness and measurable participation in energy efficiency offerings. All municipalities with at least one Environmental Justice neighborhood are encouraged to apply, especially communities looking to expand energy efficiency participation in the following community sectors:
- Non-English speaking/Limited English Proficiency (LEP) residents
- Moderate income residents (defined as 60-80% of state median income)
- Small businesses
Municipalities in Berkshire Gas, Cape Light Compact, Eversource, Liberty Gas, National Grid, or Unitil service areas that use either natural gas, electric, or both, are eligible to apply. Municipal electric districts connected to natural gas through one of these sponsors are eligible as well.
- Submit a brief intent to apply statement by October 9th 2020. All municipalities considering participation for the 2021 calendar year are highly encouraged to submit this brief statement. Questions can be sent to [email protected].
- Complete the full application by October 23, 2020 in order to be considered for the 2021 calendar year, and email it to [email protected]. Applicants are encouraged to complete the fillable PDF application template, or as an alternative may submit their complete application materials as a separate Word, PDF, and/or Excel file.
- Please view a recording of the Informational webinar that took place on 10/8/20 from 10-11am.
- Last Date for Questions from Communities and Letters of Intent 10/9/2020
- Proposals Due 10/23/2020 (updated)
- Selected Communities Notified Early November 2020
- Mandatory Orientation and Training December 9, 2020
- Start Date 01/1/2021
- Municipal/PA specific meetings will be held in early Q1 2021 to discuss specific goals and marketing plans
- End Date 12/31/2021