Propane Water HeatersLower your water heating bills and save on equipment costs.
High-Efficiency Propane Water Heating Equipment Rebates
|Equipment||Rebate Amount||Efficiency Requirements|
|Indirect water heater||$400||Must be attached to a propane-fired heating system. Must replace a freestanding or tankless water heater. Solar storage tanks are not eligible.|
|On-demand tankless water heater||$800||Must be ENERGY STAR® certified with .87 Energy Factor (EF) or higher with electronic ignition|
Interested in Financing Your New Equipment?
The Sponsors of Mass Save® are buying down interest rates to make energy efficiency more affordable for Massachusetts residents. With our HEAT Loan, you could qualify for a loan of up to $25,000 toward qualified energy efficient home improvements with terms up to seven years, depending on your Sponsor and the loan provider.
To get started, call us at 866-527-7283 to schedule a Home Energy Assessment. A representative will review the results of the assessment, let you know which improvements would be eligible for HEAT Loan financing, and give you all the paperwork you need.
- This offer is only open to Massachusetts residential electric customers of Cape Light Compact JPE, Eversource, National Grid, or Unitil.
- Eligible equipment must be installed in a 1-4 family home.
- Equipment purchases and installations made between January 1, 2019 and December 31, 2019 are eligible.
- Equipment must be installed by a licensed heating contractor or plumber.
- Municipal electric customers are not eligible. Rebate form must be filled out completely, signed, and accompanied by dated receipts or invoices, and received by the Program by January 31, 2020.
- Equipment installation may be subject to a verification inspection.
- Please allow six to eight weeks for rebate payment after our receipt and verification of all paperwork and/or site inspections.
- Propane water heating equipment may be available at no cost through the Income Eligible Program. Find out more and see if you qualify.