Propane Heating EquipmentLower your energy bills and make your home more comfortable.
You can reduce your winter energy costs by upgrading to high-efficiency heating equipment. In addition to savings on your monthly bill, eligible customers can save on equipment costs with rebates of up to $2,500.
High-Efficiency Propane Heating Equipment Rebates
|Equipment||Rebate Amount||Minimum AFUE*|
|Furnace with ECM** blower||$750||95%|
|Hot water boiler||$1,500||90%|
|Hot water boiler||$2,500||95%|
|Condensing boiler with on-demand water heater||$1,200||90%|
|Condensing boiler with on-demand water heater||$2,000||95%|
*Annual Fuel Utilization Efficiency rating
**Electronic Commutated Motor (ECM)
If you’re looking to make your boiler more efficient, then you may be interested in our offers on boiler outdoor reset controls.
Is Your Home’s Propane Heating System More Than 12 Years Old?
Enhanced rebates of up to $3,250 are available for replacing older but functioning propane heating equipment. Boilers must be more than 30 years old and furnaces must be more than 12 years old. Learn more.
Interested in Financing Your New Equipment?
The Sponsors of Mass Save® are buying down interest rates to make energy efficiency more affordable for Massachusetts residents. With our HEAT Loan, you could qualify for a loan of up to $25,000 toward qualified energy efficient home improvements with terms up to seven years, depending on your Sponsor and the loan provider.
To get started, call us at 866-527-7283 to schedule a Home Energy Assessment. A representative will review the results of the assessment, let you know which improvements would be eligible for HEAT Loan financing, and give you all the paperwork you need.
- This offer is only open to Massachusetts residential electric customers of Cape Light Compact JPE, Eversource, National Grid, or Unitil.
- Eligible equipment must be installed in a 1-4-family home.
- Equipment purchases and installations made between January 1, 2018 and December 31, 2018 are eligible.
- Customers switching from gas heating to propane heating are not eligible for this rebate.
- Equipment must be installed by a licensed heating contractor or plumber.
- Municipal electric customers are not eligible.
- Rebate form must be filled out completely, signed, and accompanied by dated receipts or invoices, and received by the Program by January 31, 2019.
- Equipment installation may be subject to a verification inspection.
- Please allow six to eight weeks for rebate payment after our receipt and verification of all paperwork and/or site inspections.
- Propane heating equipment may be available at no cost through the Income Eligible Program. Find out more and see if you qualify.