Mass Save® HEAT Loan0% Interest. 100% Easy.
January 1, 2022: The Sponsors of Mass Save® have proposed substantive updates to residential program offerings as part of the 2022-2024 Energy Efficiency Plan. These updates are pending approval by the Department of Public Utilities, which is anticipated to occur no later than the end of January 2022. Upon approval, this page will reflect the updates to the offers. Rebates submitted prior to the end of January will be processed using the criteria below.
From the attic to basement, we're here to help you with your home energy upgrades. The Mass Save® HEAT Loan offers interest-free financing opportunities up to $25,000 for energy-efficient home upgrades like heating and water heating equipment, central A/C and heat pumps, insulation and more.
To get started, call Mass Save at 866-527-SAVE to schedule a Home Energy Assessment. A Mass Save representative will provide information to opportunities to improve your efficiency and where financing can help.
How to Apply for a HEAT Loan
Step 1: Choose a contractor. Make sure to get a signed proposal from their official letterhead. We recommend getting multiple quotes from licensed and insured contractors before choosing one.
Step 2: Complete and submit a copy of the Intake Form to your HEAT Loan Program Administrator. Include your signed contractor proposal and any additional required documentation. If your work meets program eligibility requirements, you will receive an Authorization Form.
Step 3: Secure the loan. Submit your completed Authorization Form to your selected participating lender. If approved, the lender will provide you with a two-party check made payable to you and your contractor(s). To view a complete list of participating lenders, click here.
Step 4: Complete the upgrade(s). To pay your contractor, simply sign over the bank check.
Step 5: Apply for a rebate. Visit MassSave.com/Rebates to apply for any available rebates.
Step 6: Complete your verification inspection. Call 866-527-SAVE for details on completing this required verification.
For Eversource and National Grid customers only, please click below to submit your HEAT Loan application online or check on its status.
For Cape Light Compact, Unitil Electric and Liberty customers that live in municipal electric towns, please click below to submit your HEAT Loan Application online. If you have any questions or would like to check the status of your HEAT Loan, please contact RISE Engineering at 508-568-1926 (Cape Cod and Martha's Vineyard) or 800-422-5365 (all other areas).
- The HEAT Loan is available to qualified customers participating in the Mass Save Program.
- Loan applicant must be the homeowner.
- Residents must have a current residential electric account.
- Municipal electric customers can take advantage of the HEAT Loan offer if the home is heated with natural gas, provided by a Mass Save Program Sponsor. Municipal electric customers can apply for the HEAT Loan for all upgrades, with the exception of central air conditioning, heat pumps and heat pump water heaters.
- Financing is only available for qualifying energy-efficient improvements outlined within the HEAT Loan packet.
- Financing is contingent upon loan approval from a participating lender.