Sponsors of Mass Save® offer rebates up to $600 to residential electric customers that have a licensed plumber install a qualified heat pump water heater when replacing an existing residential electric, propane or oil water heater, or when building a new home.
Electric Heat Pump Water HeatersLower your water heating bills and save on equipment costs.
Electric Heat Pump Water Heaters Rebates
|HIGH-EFFICIENCY ELECTRIC WATER HEATER REBATES|
|Equipment Type||Capacity||UEF1||Rebate Amount|
|Heat Pump Water Heater||> 55 gallons||≥ 2.7 (switching from electric heater)||$150|
|≤ 55 gallons||≥ 2.0 (switching from electric heater)||$600|
|≤ 55 gallons||≥ 2.0 (switching from oil heater)||$600|
|≤ 55 gallons||≥ 2.0 (switching from propane heater)||$400|
1. UEF - Uniform Energy Factor ↩
Interested in 0% financing?
Apply for a Mass Save HEAT Loan prior to installing your equipment. The Sponsors® of Mass Save are buying down interest rates to make energy efficiency more affordable for Massachusetts residents. With our HEAT Loan, you could qualify for a loan of up to $25,000 toward qualified energy efficient home improvements with terms up to seven years, depending on your Sponsor and the loan provider. Central air conditioners and heat pumps must be installed by a measureQuick trained contractor in order to be eligible for HEAT Loan financing.
- This offer is available to residential customers of Cape Light Compact, Eversource, National Grid, or Unitil.
- Equipment purchases and installations made between January 1, 2021, and December 31, 2021, are eligible.
- The new system(s) must be replacing an existing residential electric, propane or oil water heater, or be installed in a new home.
- Equipment must be installed by a licensed plumber.
- Rebate form must be filled out completely, signed, and accompanied by dated receipts or invoices, and received by the Mass Save representative by January 31, 2022.
- Equipment installation may be subject to a verification inspection.