How to Participate:
Find a Participating Distributor:
Please use the tool above to locate participating lighting distributors in your area.
Choose Qualified Lighting Products
Please refer to the Eligible LED Product Types table below for the list of qualified products.
Receive Instant Rebate
To receive the rebate at the time of sale, the commercial site and contractor information must be given to distributor. Once you receive your energy efficient lighting, make sure to install it in your facility within 30 days and start realizing your energy savings.
Eligible LED Product Types
Eligible lamps or fixtures must fall under the program specific lighting categories, listed on the current incentive chart below. Products must also be on one of the qualified products lists (QPLs) to be considered.
The following types of fixtures and lamps are included:
|LED Lamp Type||
(Effective Feb 1, 2018)
|Minimum Customer Contribution|
|A-Line, 40/60 watt equivalent|
|A-Line, 75/100 watt equivalent|
|PAR16 or MR16 (pin or GU10 Base type)|
|PAR30 or BR30 or R30|
|PAR38 or BR40 or R40|
|Decoratives (Globes, Candles, B-Shapes)|
|T8 LED 4’ & 2’ (UL Type A replacement ONLY)|
|T5 LED 4' (UL Type A replacement ONLY)|
|U-Bend LED 4' (UL Type A replacement ONLY)|
|LED down-light kit less than 25W|
|High/Low Bay LED 20-99W|
|High/Low Bay LED 100-199W|
|High/Low Bay LED > 200W|
|Exterior LED 20-99W|
|Exterior LED 100-199W|
|Exterior LED > 200W|
|1x4 LED Troffer -Standard|
|2x2 LED Troffer -Standard|
|2x4 LED Troffer -Standard|
|1x4 LED Troffer -Premium|
|2x2 LED Troffer -Premium|
|2x4 LED Troffer -Premium|
|1x4 LED Troffer w/ Controls DLC Standard|
|2x2 LED Troffer w/ Controls DLC Standard|
|2x4 LED Troffer w/ Controls DLC Standard|
|1x4 LED Troffer w/ Controls DLC Premium|
|2x2 LED Troffer w/ Controls DLC Premium|
|2x4 LED Troffer w/ Controls DLC Premium|
|Stairwell Kit Low Output w/Sensor (250- 5,000 lumens)|
|Stairwell Kit Mid Output w/Sensor (5,000-10,000 lumens)|
LED Lighting Product Types
LED lamps use up to 90 percent less energy and can last up to 15 times longer than traditional lamps.
- All screw base LED lamps must be listed on the ENERGY STAR® Certified Light Bulbs list to be eligible for incentives. Click here for the list.
- G24 pin base LED lamps must be listed on the Design Lights Consortium (DLC) site (Click here for the DLC qualified product list).
- GX23 pin base LED lamps must be listed on the Lighting Design Lab’s list to be eligible for incentives. Click here for the list.
LED Stairwell Fixtures and Sensors
Stairwell fixtures are typically on 24/7; applying an LED fixture and occupancy sensor can reduce energy use by up to 80 percent. Eligible stairwell fixtures must utilize occupancy sensors (internal only), be under 55 watts, and be listed on the Qualifying Fixture List. Click here to find stairwell fixtures on the Design Light Consortium's Qualifying Fixture List. No drum fixtures are allowed for these categories.
LED downlights use up to 90 percent less energy than traditional lamps. All LED downlights must be listed on the ENERGY STAR Certified Light Fixture list in order to qualify for incentives. Click here for the list.
Linear Replacement Lamps
Four foot and two foot T8 LED linear replacement lamps must be listed on the Design Lights Consortium (DLC) site (Click here for the DLC qualified product list) and meet the following criteria:
- Only T8 LEDs accepted
- TLEDs must have an integral driver and be FL ballast compatible
- TLEDs must require no rewiring
- 2015 Linear LED Policy Clarification
Key Program Requirements
- A minimum customer contribution of $2.00 is required for any lamp or fixture sold through this Bright Opportunities Upstream Lighting Program.
- Only commercially metered locations in Massachusetts qualify for incentives.
- Equipment must be installed and operated within Massachusetts.
- Equipment must be installed within 30 days.
To inquire about program eligibility, qualified products, or becoming an approved distributor, please reach out to the contact below.
Program Contact for Bright Opportunities Upstream Lighting