Clean Energy Pathways Program Testimonials
Join the more than two million Americans in the largest sector in the U.S. clean economy. Gain hands-on industry experience by enrolling in the Clean Energy Pathways program to start your career in energy efficiency.
The Mass Save® Clean Energy Pathways program is a full-time, paid, three-month internship that aims to boost the energy efficiency workforce. The internship program matches interns with local companies to develop skills in Heating, Ventilation, and Air Conditioning (HVAC) or weatherization; two fast-growing industries in the energy efficiency sector. After three months, the internship could turn into full-time employment with the intern’s current employer or with another vetted energy company.
Who is Eligible?
The Sponsors of Mass Save are seeking applicants with the following eligibility criteria:
- Between the ages of 18 - 25 years old.
- Reside in Dorchester, Fall River, Lawrence, Mattapan, Roxbury, Springfield, or Worcester.
- Identify as a person of color, woman, LGBTQI+, first generation resident, and/or multilingual.
- Speaks some English.
- Authorized to work in the United States.
- Can pass a criminal background check.
- Prior training in HVAC or have an interest in weatherization.
How Does the Internship Work?
Interns participate in a three-month, fully paid internship starting at $20/hour. Interns will receive:
- Paid training and hands-on experience in the growing, high-demand energy efficiency career fields of weatherization or HVAC.
- Valuable skills, ongoing support, and mentorship.
- Job placement assistance.
The Sponsors of Mass Save aim to see 100% of interns placed in full-time energy efficiency jobs upon completion of the internship program.