Contractors participating in the Mass Save® Heat Pump Installer Network are independent, licensed, insured, and actively engaged with the Mass Save Residential Heating and Cooling Program.
Benefits of Participation
Participating Heat Pump Installers have access to:
- Residential heat pump rebates and HEAT loan financing
- Listing on the Mass Save Find a Contractor tool
- Verified third-party designee approval
- As of June 2022: Expedited rebate payment
- Heat pump rebates submitted by participating contractors will be paid within 2-3 weeks of approval. Please note: Rebate processing will take longer if required information or documentation is missing. Heat pump installations may be subject to post-installation inspections prior to rebate payment.
- Technical resources and training
- Customer brochures and sales tools
- Monthly program e-newsletter
- Program updates
- Installation best practices tips
- Notice of upcoming industry training opportunities
Joining the Network
Have an authorized company representative gather the required documentation.
This includes a signed Mass Save Heat Pump Installer Participation Agreement, W-9, HVAC or Electrical Contractor/Plumbing License, Comprehensive General Liability Insurance, and certification of relevant training.
Complete the Energy Efficiency Learning Center (EELC) registration form.
This will enroll you into the Energy Efficiency Learning Center (EELC) where you will find instructions to submit documentation for participation for your company. Please note: you will receive email invitation including login credentials within 48 hours.
Upload all required documentation securely through the Energy Efficiency Learning Center (EELC).
Have an authorized representative of your company login to the EELC and upload a signed Mass Save Heat Pump Installer Participation Agreement and provide relevant licenses, certificates, and proof of training.
Click here for detailed enrollment instructions or contact the Mass Save Heating & Cooling program team at [email protected]
Status in the Mass Save Heat Pump Installer Network is dependent upon successful completion of these first‐year requirements:
- Air Source Heat Pump Installers must provide certification of Cold Climate Sizing and Design Training by a heat pump manufacturer
- All installers must complete assigned Cold Climate Heat Pump trainings via the Mass Save Energy Efficiency Learning Center