Residential Renovations and AdditionsIncentives for upgrading single-family or multi-family homes (3 stories or less)
The Sponsors of Mass Save® provide incentives for incorporating energy-efficiency upgrades to the renovations and/or additions of existing homes within our service territories.
Is Your Project Eligible?
Most residential renovation and addition projects at single-family and multi-family homes (three stories or less) are eligible if they are located within our service territories. Renovations must meet a minimum 500 square feet of total enclosure area including floors, walls and ceilings. Additions must also meet a minimum size requirement of 500 square feet. Your home energy project may also be eligible for a 0% Mass Save HEAT Loan.
Eligible upgrades may include, but are not limited to:
- Heating, ventilation, and air conditioning
- Water heating equipment
- Air and duct sealing
How it Works:
- 1 Get Started. Fill out the Interest Form. Within a few days, a program representative will contact you to proceed. If you have questions, please call us at 1-866-527-SAVE (7283) or email RenovateAddMA@icf.com.
- Want to work with a third-party verifier or HERS rater? Contact one of our third-party verifiers to get started instead.
- 2 Schedule a preliminary site visit. A program representative or third-party verifier will schedule a preliminary site visit at your home.
- 3 During the preliminary site visit. A program representative or third-party verifier will perform a baseline evaluation, review your project plans, estimate possible energy savings, and may recommend additional energy efficiency upgrades.
- 4 Receive a preliminary report. Customers typically receive an estimate of the savings and incentive amount after the preliminary site visit.
- 5 Schedule insulation inspection. If you are installing new insulation, contact a program representative or third-party verifier to schedule your insulation inspection. Please ensure you schedule this inspection to take place once the insulation work is complete but before wallboard has gone up. This is a critical program step that typically takes about 30 minutes.
- 6 Schedule a final inspection. As your project nears completion, set up a final site visit with your program representative or third-party verifier. They will finalize all the details on your project. The final inspection typically takes about 30 minutes.
- 7 Receive your incentive. After the final inspection is processed, you’ll receive an incentive completion notification via email. Within 8–10 weeks of your final inspection, you’ll receive an incentive check in the mail.
See how the Sponsors of Mass Save help your neighbor saveCase Study: Highland Street
Have a question? We're here to help:
Ready to get started? Contact us today: