Save Money with an Enhanced Insulation Incentive
Depending on your household income, you may qualify for a special offer that can save you even more money.
If you live in a 1-4 unit home, and you meet the annual household income requirements below, you may qualify to improve your home’s comfort with no-cost insulation upgrades.
The Massachusetts Department of Energy Resources (DOER) is also funding grants for income-qualified Massachusetts customers of Berkshire Gas, Cape Light Compact, Eversource, Liberty Utilities, National Grid, and Unitil to help cover the costs of projects that must be completed before any approved insulation upgrades. These may include remediation for knob and tube wiring, vermiculite, and asbestos.
See if You’re Eligible:
|Number of Household Members||Annual Household Income
effective 10/1/20 – 9/31/21
|1||$39,106 - $52,140|
|2||$51,138 - $68,183|
|3||$63,170 - $84,225|
|4||$75,202 - $84,225|
|5||$87,234 - $116,311|
|6||$99,266 - $132,353|
|7||$101,522 - $135,361|
|8||$103,778 - $138,369|
|9||$106,034 - $141,377|
|10||$108,290 - $144,385|
To access these no-cost insulation upgrades, the first step is to schedule a no-cost Home Energy Assessment. Call to schedule yours today:
Already Had a Home Energy Assessment?
If you already had an assessment, received recommendations for insulation, and you think you are eligible for no-cost insulation based on your income, call 1-866-537-7267 and select Option 1 to start the easy, no-cost income verification process. Or, apply online.
For quick approval, please have the following three items handy when you call:
- Your Site ID number listed on your Home Energy Assessment Report
- Your utility heating or electric bill
- Proof of income for all household members ages 18 and over
What’s proof of income?
- If you are paid weekly, four current pay stubs
- If you are paid bi-weekly, two current pay stubs
- If you are paid monthly, one current pay stub
- Current monthly benefits statement for SSA (social security), SSI (supplemental security income), SSDI (social security disability insurance), DTA (transitional assistance), unemployment, workers’ compensation, or a current 1099 Form
- If you are self-employed, your most recently filed tax return
For information about Cape Light Compact's enhanced offer and income guidelines, please visit the Cape Light Compact website and go to “click on the Income Eligible tab in the chart.”
Barrier Mitigation Grants:
The Massachusetts Department of Energy Resources (DOER) is also funding grants for income-qualified Massachusetts customers to help cover the costs of projects that must be completed before any approved insulation upgrades. These include:
|Knob and Tube Wiring||Up to $7,000|
|Vermiculite||Up to $7,000|
|Asbestos||Up to $4,000|