If you are a landlord, the Mass Save® Home Energy Services Program offers energy solutions that can improve the energy efficiency of your rental property and help you retain your tenants. As a landlord, enjoy the benefits of lower maintenance and reduced energy costs. Tenants will enjoy a more comfortable home with lower energy bills.
It starts with a Mass Save no-cost Home Energy Assessment—an on-site visit that identifies opportunities for greater energy efficiency throughout the property. A Home Energy Assessment is performed by a qualified Mass Save Energy Specialist, who will provide you with a custom energy report outlining energy efficiency recommendations, next steps, and rebates and incentives.
Available rebates and incentives may include:
- 90% off up to $3,000 toward recommended insulation improvements for each individual unit if all eligible units participate in a 2-4 unit building (or 75% off up to $2,000 per unit if only some units participate)
- No-cost sealing of air leaks to eliminate drafts
- No-cost energy efficient light bulbs
- No-cost water saving products (low-flow showerheads and aerators)
- Rebates on heating and cooling equipment and water heaters
- Enhanced rebates on eligible clothes washer and refrigerator replacements
- 0% financing opportunities available through the Mass Save HEAT Loan Program
If you own and live in an attached 2-4 unit condominium and join with the other condo owners in your building, you may also be eligible.
Get started today
If you are a landlord of a property with 1-4 units, schedule your no-cost Home Energy Assessment by calling 1-866-527-7283. Or have a Mass Save Participating Contractor start the process for you.
After work is completed, the program conducts quality assurance inspections for Home Energy Assessments, weatherization work (air sealing and insulation), HEAT Loans, and rebated heating systems. Quality assurance inspections are performed by one of the following trusted vendors:
- Center for EcoTechnology (CET)
- Competitive Resources Inc. (CRI)
- RISE Engineering
Other Mass Save programs:
Some restrictions may apply. Offer subject to change without notice.
What Customers are Saying