Dehumidifier Turn-In Events
Get $30 for turning in your old, working dehumidifier!
Do you have an old, working dehumidifier that you'd like to upgrade or clean out? Recycle it with the Sponsors of Mass Save® and you can receive a $30 rebate! Most towns charge residents to recycle their appliances. With this limited-time offer, if you live in a participating town, or can make it to one of the open events, not only can you recycle your dehumidifier for free, but the Sponsors of Mass Save will pay you $30 to do so! All you have to do is the following:
- Find out if your town is participating or if there's an open event in your area. Events are still being scheduled for 2018, so continue to check back for updates.
- Bring an old, working dehumidifier to your town's event or to an open event.
- Drop off your dehumidifier and receive a rebate form from event staff.
- Complete the rebate form and submit it through one of the following methods:
- Complete the rebate form at the event and leave it with the event staff,
- Fill out the rebate form at home and send it in through mail to the address listed on the rebate form, or
- Fill out the rebate form at home and submit it online at MassSave.com/Savings.
- Receive your $30 recycling rebate by mail 4 - 6 weeks after the form is submitted.
The following restrictions apply to this limited-time offer:
- Limit two dehumidifier turn-in rebates per Mass Save Sponsor residential electric account per calendar year (commercial accounts are not eligible).
- Eligible dehumidifiers must be sized appropriately for residential applications (20 to 70 pints).
- Eligible dehumidifiers must be in working condition
- If participating through a town-specific event, you must be a resident of that town and provide ID for proof of residency.
It's that easy! You'll get $30, clean out some storage space, and help the environment!
|Town||Open to residents of:||Date/Time||Location||Address|
|Melrose||Melrose residents only||10/20/2018
8:00am - 12:00pm
|Public Works Operations Facility||72 Tremont St, Melrose, MA 02176|
Learn more about this event.
|All MA residents who are residential electric customers of a Mass Save Sponsor||10/20/2018
9:00am - 2:00pm
|Bemis Associates||One Bemis Way Shirley, MA 01464|
|Waltham||All MA residents who are residential electric customers of a Mass Save Sponsor||10/27/2018
10:00am - 2:00pm
|Warrendale Appliance||170 High St, Waltham, MA 02453|
|Framingham||Framingham residents only||10/27/2018
9:00am - 1:00pm
|Department of Public Works||100 Western Ave Framingham, MA 01702|
The Sponsors of Mass Save will be running more dehumidifier turn-in events in the spring of 2019; check back as we get close to spring for an updated event schedule.
Get an additional $30 rebate when you purchase a new ENERGY STAR® certified dehumidifier!
An ENERGY STAR certified dehumidifier can save you more than $300 in energy costs over the life of the unit! The Sponsors of Mass Save are offering an additional $30 rebate for purchasing an ENERGY STAR certified model. Now that's a lot of savings! For more information on ENERGY STAR certified dehumidifiers, the benefits of purchasing them, as well as how you can receive an additional $30 rebate, visit our Dehumidifiers page.
These offers are only open to Massachusetts residential electric customers of Cape Light Compact JPE, Eversource Energy, National Grid or Unitil. Dehumidifiers must be turned in at a designated turn-in events, and rebate requests for these units must be postmarked or submitted online by 11/30/2018. To receive an additional $30 rebate, you must purchase a qualifying dehumidifier between 1/1/2018 - 12/31/2018. Rebate requests for new dehumidifiers must be postmarked or submitted online by 1/31/2019.