Electric Heat Pump Water HeatersLower your water heating bills and save on equipment costs.
A heat pump water heater can significantly reduce your monthly water heating costs. Additionally, residential customers of the Mass Save® Program Sponsors can receive a rebate of up to $600 if they have a licensed plumber install a qualified heat pump water heater when replacing an existing electric storage tank water heater, or building a new home.
High-Efficiency Electric Water Heater Rebates
|Size||Uniform Energy Factor (UEF)||Rebate Amount|
|55 gallons or less||2.0||$600|
|> 55 gallons||2.7||$150|
Interested in Financing Your New Equipment?
The Sponsors of Mass Save are bringing down interest rates to make energy efficiency more affordable for Massachusetts residents. With our HEAT Loan, you could qualify for a loan of up to $25,000 toward qualified energy efficient home improvements with terms up to seven years, depending on your Sponsor and the loan provider.
To get started, call Mass Save at 866-527-7283 to schedule a Home Energy Assessment. A Mass Save representative will review the results of the assessment, let you know which improvements would be eligible for HEAT Loan financing, and give you all the paperwork you need.
- Must be a Massachusetts residential electric customer of Cape Light Compact, Eversource, National Grid, or Unitil.
- Equipment purchases and installations made between January 1, 2020 and December 31, 2020 are eligible.
- The new system(s) must be replacing an electric storage tank water heater or be installed in a new home.
- Equipment must be installed by a licensed plumber.
- Rebate form must be filled out completely, signed, and accompanied by dated receipts or invoices, and received by the Program by January 31, 2021.
- Equipment installation may be subject to a verification inspection.