Refrigerator and Freezer Recycling
There Are So Many Reasons to Recycle Your Old Refrigerator or Freezer Now!
If you’re looking to upgrade your refrigerator to a more energy-efficient unit, or you just want to get rid of an extra fridge or freezer that you hardly use, now’s a great time to recycle your unit with Eversource by participating in the Mass Save® appliance recycling program.
- You’ll receive NO-COST appliance removal. Just sign up to recycle your old fridge or freezer, and we’ll pick up your unit for no cost.
- Your unit will be recycled responsibly. All components will be handled safely, and more than 95% of the materials that make up your unit will be reused.
- Because old fridges and freezers use more energy than new ENERGY STAR® certified models, you’ll avoid added energy costs by removing these inefficient units.
- You’ll receive a $50 rebate from Eversource just for recycling your fridge or freezer!
How it Works:
- Sign up online or call to schedule your no-cost pickup.
- Have your Eversource electric account number on hand to avoid scheduling delays.
It's that easy, so get started!
- You must be a valid Eversource Massachusetts residential electric customer in qualifying territory.
- Refrigerators and freezers must be plugged in, clean, and empty at the time of pickup.
- Refrigerators and freezers must have an inside measurement between 10 and 30 cubic feet, which is the standard size for most units.
- To be eligible for the $50 rebate, you must call to sign up before January 1, 2019.
Some restrictions apply.
Not eligible for this offer from Eversource, but still a customer of a Mass Save sponsor and want to recycle your old refrigerator or freezer? Click here.