Natural Gas, Oil, and Propane Boiler Outdoor Reset Controls
Save on your heating costs and keep your home more comfortable.
Boiler heating systems are designed to operate at peak temperature in order to match your home’s possible heat loss on the coldest day of the year. This means that on milder winter days your system delivers too much heat – creating uncomfortable (and costly) room temperatures.
The Sponsors of Mass Save® offer rebates of up to $225 on outdoor reset controls, which can keep your home comfortable and reduce your energy bills.
High-Efficiency Boiler Outdoor Reset Controls Rebates
|Fuel Type||Equipment||Rebate Amount||Efficiency Requirement|
|Oil or propane||Boiler outdoor reset control||$100||After-market add-on unit attached to an oil or propane forced hot water boiler|
|Natural gas||After-Market boiler outdoor reset control||$225||After-market add-on unit attached to a natural gas forced hot water boiler|
If you heat your home with gas, select your natural gas provider below to print rebate form to submit by mail:
- For oil or propane systems, you must be a Massachusetts residential electric customer of Cape Light Compact JPE, Eversource, National Grid, or Unitil.
- Limit one control per heating system.
- For natural gas systems, you must be a Massachusetts residential gas customer of Berkshire Gas, Blackstone Gas, Columbia Gas of Massachusetts, Eversource, Liberty Utilities, National Grid, or Unitil.
- Oil or propane equipment must be installed in a 1-4-family home.
- Equipment purchases and installations made between January 1, 2017 and December 31, 2017 are eligible.
- Equipment must be installed by a licensed heating contractor or plumber.
- Rebate form must be filled out completely, signed, and accompanied by dated receipts or invoices, and received by the program by January 31, 2018.
- Equipment installation may be subject to a verification inspection.
- Outdoor reset controls may be available at no-cost through the Income Eligible Program. Find out more and see if you qualify.