Electric Water Heaters
Lower your water heating bills and save on equipment costs.
A heat pump water heater can significantly reduce your monthly water heating costs. Additionally, residential customers of the Mass Save® Program Sponsors can receive a rebate of up to $750 if they have a licensed plumber install a qualified heat pump water heater when replacing an existing electric storage tank water heater, or building a new home.
High-Efficiency Electric Water Heater Rebates
|Size||Energy Factor (EF)||Rebate Amount|
|55 gallons or less||2.3||$750|
|> 55 gallons||3.0||$150|
How the Heat Pump Water Heater Rebate Works:
Review the list of qualified equipment available here:
2017 Mass Save Qualified Heat Pump Water Heaters
Contact your HVAC contractor to determine which qualified Heat Pump Water Heater is right for your home.
When the work is completed by a licensed plumber, submit your application online with the required documents, or you may fill out the rebate form and mail along with the required documents listed on the form.
Interested in Financing Your New Equipment?
Mass Save Program Administrators are bringing down interest rates to make energy efficiency more affordable for Massachusetts residents. With our HEAT Loan, you could qualify for a loan of up to $25,000 toward qualified energy efficient home improvements with terms up to seven years, depending on your Program Administrator and the loan provider.
To get started, call Mass Save at 866-527-7283 to schedule a Home Energy Assessment. A Mass Save representative will review the results of the assessment, let you know which improvements would be eligible for HEAT Loan financing, and give you all the paperwork you need.
- Must be a Massachusetts residential electric customer of Cape Light Compact, Eversource, National Grid, or Unitil.
- Equipment purchases and installations made between January 1, 2017 and December 31, 2017 are eligible.
- The new system(s) must be replacing an electric storage tank water heater or be installed in a new home.
- Equipment must be listed on the 2017 Mass Save Qualified Heat Pump Water Heater List.
- Equipment must be installed by a licensed plumber.
- Rebate form must be filled out completely, signed, and accompanied by dated receipts or invoices, and received by the Program by January 31, 2018.
- Equipment installation may be subject to a verification inspection.
- Heat pump water heaters may be available at no cost through the Income Eligible Program. Find out more and see if you qualify.