Save with every load when you purchase a new, efficient clothes washer - and get up to a $400 rebate.
Efficient clothes washers use about 25 percent less energy and 40 percent less water than inefficient clothes washers. They automatically adjust wash cycles for load size and water temperature, while reducing wear and tear on your clothes. These are just some of the features that can help you save energy and money with every load.
If it’s time to replace your old, inefficient clothes washer with a new energy-saving model, you may be eligible for a rebate of up to $400 from Mass Save®:
|Homeowner who meets income guidelines||$400|
|Homeowner who does not meet income guidelines||$350|
The new efficient clothes washer you purchase must meet the following requirements:
- Have an Integrated Modified Energy Factor (IMEF) of 2.76 or higher, and
- Have an Integrated Water Factor (IWF) of 3.2 or lower, and
- Be front-loading or top-loading.
Follow These Steps to Apply for Your Rebate:
A special home visit is required to confirm the inefficiency of your existing clothes washer. Existing clothes washers must be top-loading with agitators to qualify. Call 1-866-527-SAVE (7283) and schedule a Mass Save no-cost Home Energy Assessment.
Purchase an energy-saving clothes washer that meets the program requirements.
If you prefer to apply via mail, please complete the rebate form provided during your special home visit.
Already Submitted Your Rebate Application?
- This offer is only open to Massachusetts residential electric customers of Cape Light Compact JPE, Eversource, National Grid, or Unitil.
- The rebate is good for purchases made from January 1, 2018 through December 31, 2018.
- The rebate application and all necessary materials must be postmarked or submitted online by January 31, 2019.
2017 Clothes Washer Rebate
Mass Save offered a rebate on ENERGY STAR certified clothes washers in 2017. This rebate is good for purchases made from January 1, 2017 through December 31, 2017. All 2017 rebate applications and necessary material must be postmarked or submitted online by January 31, 2018.