Save with every load when you purchase a new, efficient clothes washer - and get up to a $350 rebate.
Efficient clothes washers use about 25 percent less energy and 40 percent less water than inefficient clothes washers. They automatically adjust wash cycles for load size and water temperature, while reducing wear and tear on your clothes. These are just some of the features that can help you save energy and money with every load.
If it’s time to replace your old, inefficient clothes washer with a new energy-saving model, you may be eligible for a rebate of up to $350 from Mass Save®:
|Rebate Amount||Efficiency Requirements|
|$350||IMEF* ≥ 2.76; IWF** ≤ 3.2;
front-loading or top-loading
*Integrated Modified Energy Factor
**Integrated Water Factor
Follow these steps to apply for your rebate:
A special home visit is required to confirm the inefficiency of your existing clothes washer. Existing clothes washers must be top-loading with agitators to qualify, and must be functional at the time of the Site Visit. Call 1-866-527-SAVE (7283) and schedule a Mass Save no-cost Home Energy Assessment.
Purchase an energy-saving clothes washer that meets the program requirements.
Visit the Qualifying Washers page to view a list of current qualifying models.
If you prefer to apply via mail, please complete the rebate form provided during your special home visit.
Already Submitted Your Rebate Application?
- This offer is only open to Massachusetts residential electric customers of Cape Light Compact JPE, Eversource, National Grid, or Unitil.
- The rebate is good for purchases made from January 1, 2019 through December 31, 2019.
- Applications for 2019 rebates and all necessary materials must be postmarked or submitted online by January 31, 2020. Applications for 2018 rebates and all necessary materials must be postmarked or submitted online by January 31, 2019.
- A special home visit is required to confirm the inefficiency of your existing clothes washer. Call 1-866-527-SAVE (7283) to schedule a Mass Save no-cost Home Energy Assessment.
- Clothes washer must be a qualifying model.