What is a Home Energy Assessment?
Discover easy ways to reduce your energy bill.
A Home Energy Assessment from Mass Save® can help you save on your monthly energy costs by making your home more energy efficient, and it only takes about two hours. Here’s what you can expect from your assessment:
- The Energy Specialist will assess your home’s current energy use and install energy-saving products at no cost.
- You will receive a custom list of energy-saving recommendations.
- The Specialist will help you develop a plan to make your home more energy efficient, including qualifying rebates and incentives.
- During the assessment, all key decision-makers should be present. At least one person over 18 years of age must be present.
Your No-Cost Home Energy Assessment Will Include:
- Installation of no-cost energy-saving products as needed, such as:
- ENERGY STAR® certified LED light bulbs
- Advanced power strips
- Low-flow showerheads
- Faucet aerators
- Programmable thermostats or discounted wireless thermostats (installed at a second appointment)
- Eligibility screening for Mass Save rebates and incentives
- Infrared testing, if applicable, which measures surface temperatures using advanced cameras to see if you need additional insulation
- Combustion safety testing of your natural gas, oil or propane appliances to screen for carbon monoxide, drafts, and spillage
Additional Offers, Rebates, and Incentives Based on Your Assessment
Your custom home energy report will include all applicable rebates and incentives, such as:
- No-cost targeted air sealing of leaks in drafty areas of your home, which may include your attic, basement, living space, and attic ductwork
- Based on your income, an instant incentive for 75 percent off approved insulation improvements (up to $2,000) or 90 percent off approved insulation improvements (up to $3,000)
- An instant incentive for 75 percent off approved duct insulation (up to $1,000)
- Generous rebates of up to $3,500 on qualifying energy efficient heating, cooling, and water heating equipment
- The opportunity to apply for 0 percent HEAT Loan financing for eligible upgrades
Call 1-866-527-SAVE (7283) to schedule your no-cost Home Energy Assessment with a Mass Save Energy Specialist, or have a Mass Save Participating Home Performance Contractor start the process for you.
This program is available to residential customers of the Mass Save Program Administrators. Customers must live in a 1-4 unit home. Eligibility for some rebates/incentives is based on findings from the Home Energy Assessment. Some restrictions apply and offers are subject to change or cancellation. Financing is subject to approval from a participating lender. Customers who meet household income guidelines may instead be eligible for the Mass Save Income Eligible Program.
Find a Contractor near you!