What is a Home Energy Assessment?
Discover easy ways to reduce your energy costs.
What Customers are Saying
I was blown away by all the light bulbs I received, and by how thorough it was. They checked everything from the attic to the basement... It was more than I expected
It's really a no-brainer. Why would anybody not want to do it? Nothing to lose! It's an amazing benefit that everybody should take advantage of.
I just rarely find people that are happy and into what they are doing, and they were into it. That was a great part of the experience.
Just after we moved in, we noticed it was drafty in a lot of rooms. Having this home energy assessment has been really fantastic as a way to take some steps to save more energy, and to take advantage of the incentives that are offered.
It was a wonderful experience all around… It taught me much more about my home. We notice a lot less drafts, [and] my electric bill has definitely gone down.
Everyone involved in the process from the [Energy Specialist] to the contractors was very professional and knowledgeable. Thank you!
A Home Energy Assessment from the Sponsors of Mass Save® can help you save on your monthly energy costs by making your 1-to-4 unit home more energy efficient, and it only takes about two hours. Here’s what you can expect from your assessment:
- An Energy Specialist will assess your home’s current energy use and install energy-saving products at no cost.
- You will receive a custom list of energy-saving recommendations.
- The Specialist will help you develop a plan to make your home more energy efficient, including qualifying rebates and incentives.
- During the assessment, all key decision-makers should be present. At least one person over 18 years of age must be present.
Your No-Cost Home Energy Assessment Will Include:
- Installation of no-cost energy-saving products as needed, such as:
- ENERGY STAR® certified LED light bulbs
- Advanced power strips
- Low-flow showerheads
- Faucet aerators
- Programmable thermostats or discounted wireless thermostats (installed at a second appointment)
- Eligibility screening for Mass Save rebates and incentives
- Infrared testing, if applicable, which measures surface temperatures using advanced cameras to see if you need additional insulation
- Combustion safety testing of your natural gas, oil or propane appliances to screen for carbon monoxide, drafts, and spillage
Additional Offers Based on Your Assessment
Your custom home energy report will include all applicable rebates and incentives, such as:
- No-cost targeted air sealing of leaks in drafty areas of your home
- An instant incentive for 75 percent off* approved insulation improvements or based on your income, you may be eligible for an enhanced instant incentive for 90 percent or 100 percent off
- Generous rebates of up to $3,250 on qualifying energy efficient heating, cooling, and water heating equipment
- The opportunity to apply for 0 percent HEAT Loan financing for eligible upgrades
Call 1-866-527-SAVE (7283) to schedule your no-cost Home Energy Assessment with a Mass Save Energy Specialist, or have a Mass Save Participating Home Performance Contractor start the process for you.
*Massachusetts residential customers of Eversource, National Grid, Cape Light Compact JPE, and Blackstone Gas may be eligible for 75% off the cost of insulation (with no incentive limit/cap). Massachusetts residential customers of Berkshire Gas, Columbia Gas of Massachusetts, Liberty Utilities, Unitil Electric, and Unitil Gas may be eligible for 75% off insulation up to $2,000. Customers who meet household income guidelines may instead be eligible for enhanced offers through the Mass Save Income Eligible Program. Customers must live in a 1-4 unit home. Eligibility for some rebates/incentives is based on findings from the Home Energy Assessment. Some restrictions apply and offers are subject to change or cancellation. Financing is subject to approval from a participating lender.
Find a Contractor near you!