No-Cost Home Energy Assessments for Renters (1-4 Units)Rebates, incentives, and special offers can add up to big savings.
What customers are saying:
I was blown away by all of the LEDs. LEDs aren’t cheap as you know, and every light bulb that was incandescent they replaced with an LED. That blew my mind!
Scheduling the appointment was really easy… [just] a quick call.
[As part of the assessment] they changed out the eight recessed lights in the kitchen [to LEDs]. [Now,] all eight run at the same cost of one of the old light bulbs.
I was blown away by all the light bulbs I received, and how thorough it was.
We are so happy with the results. We have already seen a big difference in our heating bill, and continue to recommend the program to others.
I am extremely glad I participated; only sorry I didn’t do it sooner! They could not have done a better job.
If you’re a renter in a home with 1-to-4 units, we can help you save energy and enjoy greater comfort in your living space, all while saving money.
All it takes is a no-cost Home Energy Assessment. You’ll discover opportunities for greater energy efficiency, as well as eligibility for money-saving rebates and incentives, including opportunities exclusively for renters.
It Starts With a No-Cost Home Energy Assessment
An Energy Specialist will visit your home to evaluate where you can save. During the assessment, you will receive a custom home energy report with tips on increasing efficiency. Plus, energy-saving products will be installed at no cost as needed, such as:
- ENERGY STAR® LED light bulbs
- Advanced power strips
- Low-flow showerheads
- Faucet aerators
- Programmable thermostats or discounted wireless thermostats (installed at a second appointment)
Your custom home energy report will also tell you if you qualify for rebates and incentives.
Renters, Call to Schedule Your No-Cost Home Energy Assessment Today:
Benefits for You and Your Landlord, Property Manager, and Fellow Tenants
An energy efficient rental building provides comfort and savings benefits to everyone. The entire property may qualify for incentives through a Whole-Building Energy Assessment. Be sure to share this information with your landlord or property manager.
Landlords and property managers, your 1-4 unit building may be eligible for:
- 2-4 unit buildings: 90% off* recommended insulation improvements for each unit, if all eligible units in a 2–4 unit building participate (or 75% off per unit if only some participate)
- 1 unit buildings: 90% off* recommended insulation improvements for renter-occupied single family detached homes (or 75% off for owner-occupied units)
- No-cost targeted air sealing of leaks in drafty areas of your home
- The opportunity to apply for 0 percent HEAT Loan financing for eligible upgrades
*Cape Light Compact offers a separate program for renters of 1-4 unit homes; please click here and go to “Energy Services Available for Your Existing Home or Rental Property – Renters/Landlords 1-4 Units.”
Other Mass Save Opportunities:
Find a Contractor near you!