What About 5+ Unit Apartment Buildings?
Similar energy efficiency services and products are also available to multifamily properties with 5 or more units where 50% or more of the tenants are at the designated income eligible levels listed below. These properties are served through the Income Eligible Multifamily Retrofit Program.
Do I Qualify for Income Eligible Programs?
You may qualify for the Income Eligible Program if your household income is at or below the designated income levels listed in the following chart.
|Number of Household Members||Annual Household Income effective 10/1/20 - 9/31/21|
|1||Up to $39,105|
|2||Up to $51,137|
|3||Up to $63,169|
|4||Up to $75,301|
|5||Up to $87,233|
|6||Up to $99,265|
|7||Up to $101,521|
|8||Up to $103,777|
|9||Up to $106,033|
- Fuel Assistance: Fuel Assistance, also known as the Home Energy Assistance Program (HEAP), provides eligible households with help paying a portion of winter heating bills through grants from the federal government. To find out if you’re eligible and apply, contact your local Fuel Assistance Agency, which you can find on the MASSCAP website. If you have any questions about the HEAP program, please call the Massachusetts Heat Line toll-free at 1-800-632-8175.
- Utility Discount Rates: Discounted rates that lower your actual charges for your energy usage may be available. If you qualify for Fuel Assistance/HEAP or another income verified program from the list below, you will be referred to your local natural gas or electric utility for a discount on your utility bills.
- Emergency Aid to the Elderly, Disabled, and Children (EAEDC)
- Food Stamps/Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP)
- Women, Infants and Children (WIC) Nutrition Program
- Head Start
- Mass Health
- National School Lunch Program
- Public Housing
- School Breakfast Program
- Supplemental Security Program
- Transitional Aid to Families with Dependent Children (TAFDC)
- Veterans Programs (Chapter 115 Benefits)
- Veterans Dependency and Indemnity Compensation (DIC) Surviving Parent
- Veterans Affairs Non-Service Connected Pension (VANSCP)
- Payment Plans or Arrearage Management Programs: Massachusetts natural gas and electric utility providers will work with customers on overdue portions of their bill. Payment plans are available. Some past due balances over a certain amount are forgiven if the customer adheres to a structured payment plan. If you have questions, please contact your gas or electric utility provider directly.