Landlords of 1-4 Unit Properties: Get a No-Cost Energy Assessment
Lower your energy and maintenance costs the easy way.
What customers are saying:
We had some problems with our furnace, so we called our plumber to look at it. He took one look at it and said, ‘Call Mass Save!’
I was extremely pleased with my energy assessment. The Energy Specialist was very knowledgeable and professional, and had a host of energy-saving suggestions, even though this is a relatively new house.
It really makes a lot of sense to spend a couple hours with an expert to talk about your heating system, your lighting, your water usage…whatever it may be. [Just] think about it, and take a few actions.
[Mass Save] did a very good job. They were respectful, cautious. They were good - they were very good.
Wish we had taken advantage of this long ago.
I was impressed from the time I was contacted, to the completion of the project.
The Sponsors of Mass Save® offer solutions that will improve the energy efficiency of your 1-4 unit rental property and help keep your tenants happy. Enjoy the benefits of lower maintenance needs and reduced energy use. And your tenants will enjoy a more comfortable home with lower energy bills.
If you own and live in an attached 2-4 unit condominium, and join with the other condo owners in your building, you may also be eligible for these solutions.
Your No-Cost Home Energy Assessment
The Home Energy Assessment is an on-site visit to identify energy efficiency opportunities. Performed by a qualified Mass Save Energy Specialist, you’ll get a custom energy report outlining energy efficiency recommendations, next steps, and rebates and incentives.
Available Rebates and Incentives
No-cost energy savings products installed during the assessment may include:
- ENERGY STAR® LED light bulbs
- Advanced power strips
- Low-flow showerheads
- Faucet aerators
- Programmable thermostats or discounted wireless thermostats (installed at a second appointment)
Your assessment will tell you if you qualify for other rebates and incentives:
- No-cost air sealing of leaks in drafty areas of the property
- National Grid and Eversource customers may be eligible for an enhanced incentive of 90 percent off the cost of insulation, with no incentive cap, if all eligible units participate in a 1-4 unit building (or 75 percent off the cost of insulation per unit if only some units participate)
- Berkshire Gas, Blackstone Gas, Columbia Gas, Liberty Utilities, and Unitil customers may qualify for 90 percent off up to $3,000 toward recommended insulation improvements for each individual unit if all eligible units participate in a 1-4 unit building (or 75 percent off up to $2,000 per unit if only some units participate)
- Rebates on heating and cooling equipment and water heaters
- Enhanced rebates on eligible clothes washer and refrigerator replacements
- The opportunity to apply for 0 percent financing through the Mass Save HEAT Loan
Option 1: Get Your Home Energy Assessment at No-Cost through Mass Save
It’s easy to save energy, make your home more efficient, and save money with rebates, incentives, and reduced energy costs. It starts with a qualified Home Energy Specialist.
Call to Schedule Your Assessment:
Call 1-866-527-SAVE (7283)
Following your assessment, the Energy Specialist will be able to coordinate insulation and air sealing services with an Independent Installation Contractor (IIC), or you can select your own IIC contractor by using our Find a Contractor tool.
Option 2: Choose a Local Home Performance Contractor (HPC)
HPCs provide end-to-end service from Home Energy Assessments through insulation. HPCs may also be able to offer other energy efficiency services such as HVAC equipment installation, solar, and windows (negotiated directly between the customer and the HPC).
Find a Participating Home Performance Contractor in Your Area:
After work is completed, the program conducts quality assurance inspections for Home Energy Assessments, weatherization work (air sealing and insulation), HEAT Loans, and rebated heating systems. Quality assurance inspections are performed by one of the following trusted vendors:
- Abode Energy Management
- Center for EcoTechnology (CET)
- CMC Energy Services, Inc.
- RISE Engineering
Cape Light Compact offers a separate program for landlords of 1-4 unit properties; please click here and go to “Energy Services Available for Your Existing Home or Rental Property – Renters/Landlords 1-4 Units.”
Other Mass Save Opportunities:
Find a Contractor near you!