Bright Opportunities Upstream LightingCommercial lighting customers—get discounted pricing on select LED fixtures.
Massachusetts energy providers have partnered with electrical distributors to give discounted pricing on LED fixtures for commercial applications. Eligible fixtures can only be purchased through the participating distributors. Program incentives are provided directly to the distributor by the Sponsors of Mass Save®.
Product Types & Incentives
Eligible lamps or fixtures must fall under the program-specific lighting categories, listed in the incentive chart below. Products must also be on one of the Qualified Products Lists (QPLs) to be considered.
The minimum customer contribution before incentives are applied is $2.50. Incentives are available for the following types of LED lamps and fixtures:
|LED Lamp Type||Mass Save Incentive|
|A-Line, 40 or 60 watt equivalent||$ 4.00|
|A-Line, 75 or 100 watt equivalent||$ 8.00|
|PAR16 or MR16 (pin or GU10 base type)||$ 10.00|
|PAR30, BR30, or R30||$ 20.00|
|PAR38 or BR40||$ 25.00|
|Decorative Globes, Candles, and B-Shapes||$ 5.00|
|TLED Linear Replacements: 4’ & 2’ (T8 replacement ONLY)||$ 4.00|
|LED Downlight Kit†, less than 25 watts||$ 20.00|
|4' LED Stairwell Fixture with Internal Occupancy Sensors, 55 watts and under||$ 100.00|
|2' LED Stairwell Fixture with Internal Occupancy Sensors, 55 watts and under||$ 75.00|
|2x2, 2x4, or 1x4 Premium LED Troffer*||$ 40.00|
|2x2, 2x4, or 1x4 Standard LED Troffer*||$ 35.00|
†Only ENERGY STAR® LED Downlight Kits under the following “fixture type” categories will be allowed: Downlight Recessed, Downlight Solid State Retrofit, Downlight Surface Mount, and LED Surface Mount Ceiling Retrofit.
*Troffer sales over 25 units require pre-approval.
LED lamps use up to 90 percent less energy and can last up to 15 times longer than traditional lamps.
- All screw base LED lamps must be listed on the ENERGY STAR Certified Light Bulbs list to be eligible for incentives. Click here for the list of eligible screw base LED lamps.
- All pin base LED lamps must be listed on the Lighting Design Lab’s list to be eligible for incentives. Click here for the list of eligible pin base LED lamps.
LED Stairwell Fixtures and Sensors
Stairwell fixtures are typically on 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Applying an LED fixture and occupancy sensor can reduce energy use by up to 80 percent. Eligible stairwell fixtures must utilize occupancy sensors (internal only), be under 55 watts, and be listed on the Qualifying Fixture List. Drum fixtures are not allowed for these categories.
- Stairwell fixtures must be on the DesignLight Consortium’s (DLC) qualified product list in order to qualify for incentives. Click here for the list of eligible stairwell fixtures.
LED downlights use up to 80 percent less energy than traditional lamps.
- All LED downlights must be listed on the ENERGY STAR Certified Light Fixture list in order to qualify for incentives. Click here for the list of eligible LED downlights.
Linear Replacement Lamps
Consider reviewing the 2015 Linear LED Policy Clarification. Four-foot and two-foot T8 LED linear replacement lamps must meet the following criteria in order to qualify for incentives:
- Must have an integral driver
- Must be FL ballast compatible
- Cannot require rewiring
To inquire about program eligibility, qualified products, or how to become an approved distributor, please reach out to: