For one year, all grant applicants must participate in an annual program progress evaluation and carry out a number of activities, including:
- Collaborating with participating Mass Save Sponsors.
- Creating innovative strategies and initiatives to engage residents.
Selected grant recipients may receive:
- Funding starting at $5,000 per year depending on project proposals (awarded in two cycles) to support project costs.
- Permission to co-brand collateral with the following logos/seals: Mass Save, relevant Massachusetts Program Administrators, municipal seal, sustainability/energy committee/school organization.
- Assistance planning local events.
- Periodic training sessions by content experts on energy efficiency offerings, best practices, and coordination with the local Community Action Program (CAP) agencies to better serve income-eligible residents.
- Training on the Income Eligible program, incentives available to income-eligible customers and how to best ensure that income-eligible customers connect to energy efficiency programs.
- Access to a utility company account manager to maximize energy efficiency opportunities in municipal buildings.
The Mass Save Sponsors offer multiple income based programs, please review our enhanced incentives to learn more.
Grant applicants must meet the following eligibility requirements:
- Represent one or more of the following criteria: Community-based organizations, non-profits/501(C)(3), groups with a fiscal agent, K-12 agencies, civic associations, youth organizations, or neighborhood councils.
- Commit to submitting continue progress tracking metrics throughout the three stages of monetary support.
- Participate in monthly calls and submit monthly outreach reports.
- Establish relevant progress relating to the outlined tactics and goals reflected during the application process.
- Propose to focus outreach in Environmental Justice Communities.
- Involve customers within the following priority populations: renters, landlords, English-isolated residents, K-12 students, income-eligible individuals.
The Mass Save Sponsors welcome applications servicing all of Massachusetts, but will prioritize environmental justice communities with a particular focus on: renters, landlords, English isolated customers, K-12 student organizations and income-eligible individuals.
- Priority application: 8/31/2022
- Second round of applications: 10/15/2022
We encourage interested applicants to consider attending one of the interactive webinars that will be offered, July 13th 6pm, July 14th 10am and August 4th 11am. During these webinars we will review the application, grant requirements and answer any questions potential applicants may have.