The Mass Save® Financing for Business Program
Assistance for qualified energy efficiency projects
Making energy efficiency More Affordable For Your Business
Working with participating lenders, we are offering businesses the opportunity to apply for a loan to install energy efficient improvements in their facility. Scheduled interest payments on the loan will be pre-paid by the local utility or energy efficiency provider in lieu of a portion of the incentive or rebate. Loans are available up to seven years, contingent on the amount of the quantifying incentive. Maximum loan amounts are determined by the project’s installed cost as well as the ability to pay back the loan. Financing is subject to approval by the participating lender, and improvements require pre-approval from the utility or energy efficiency provider.
Real money that flows directly to your bottom line
- Interest Free loans available from $5,000 to $500,000
- Terms up to seven years
- The energy efficiency measure may qualify for additional incentives
Benefits of energy efficiency improvements
- Better lighting conditions
- Increased comfort
- Improved work environment
- Lower fuel cost
- A pathway to corporate sustainability initiatives
- Monetary savings
energy efficiency improvements that may be eligible for the Financing Program
- High Efficiency Lighting/Controls
- Motors/Variable Frequency Drives
- Commercial and Industrial Kitchen Equipment
- High Efficiency Natural Gas Equipment
- Custom Measures
This service is available to businesses in Massachusetts that are gas or electricity customers of these Program Administrators:
- Cape Light Compact
- National Grid
- Berkshire Gas
- Liberty Utilities
- Columbia Gas
Not sure who your Program Administrator is? Use the Find Your Program Administrator tool to see the contact information for your gas or electric service area.
This service is offered to qualifying projects through the Large Retrofit or Direct Install programs pre-approved by your Program Administrator.
- Scheduled interest payments on the loan will be pre-paid by the local utility or energy efficiency provider in lieu of a portion of the MassSave incentive for the qualifying measure. Pre-negotiated rate of prime plus 100 basis points with a 6.25% floor.
- Financing subject to third party approval. Additional Terms and Conditions may apply. The loan must be from a use a participating lender on the approved list
- Improvements require pre-approval from your utility or energy efficiency provider and must comply with program terms & conditions.
Contact your local utility or energy efficiency provider to express interest in MassSave Financing for Business. Your provider will walk you through the necessary steps based on your application type.
Download business forms and documents
Obtain a pre-approval letter and loan subsidy authorization form from your utility or energy efficiency provider.
View a sample loan subsidy authorization form
Complete the Loan application and submit to a participating lender along with your pre-approval letter and loan subsidy authorization form for loan approval. The Financing for Business program is supported by a consortium of local lending institutions across the state.