What's available in my area?
Home MPG, a program offered through some of the Mass Save sponsoring utilities, provides participating Massachusetts residents with their home’s “miles per gallon” energy performance rating. By helping residents better understand their home's energy use, Home MPG helps people make smart decisions about implementing home energy efficiency improvements that save energy and increase comfort.
Through the Mass Save Home Energy Services Program, eligible homeowners may receive a no-cost Home Energy Assessment where an Energy Specialist will assess your home from attic to basement and identify where energy efficiency improvements can be made.
In addition to the no-cost energy assessment, efficiency recommendations, and financial incentives already offered through the Mass Save program, Home MPG provides the following enhancements:
- A home "energy performance score" (EPS) - similar to a miles-per-gallon (MPG) rating for cars - that indicates a home's energy use and cost to operate irrespective of occupant behavior. The EPS scorecard is provided both before and after energy efficiency improvements are implemented to demonstrate the potential for energy savings and the savings associated with the implemented improvements.
- Thermal images (for some homeowners) highlighting energy saving opportunities in the home.
- A convenient online "one-stop shop" that allows people to:
- view their EPS scorecard and recommended efficiency improvements
- view their home’s thermal image (if available)
- read and provide reviews of energy specialists, contractors, and home performance contractors
- “Get connected” with contractors who can perform efficiency improvements. (This is optional; people can still simply call Mass Save and be assigned a qualified contractor.)
Learn how you can save up to 50% on your energy use all year long. You could receive a Mass Save incentive of 75% of the cost up to $2,000 to complete recommended energy efficiency improvements.
You can learn more about the Home MPG program and see the thermal image of your home here.
If you’re ready to schedule a no cost Home Energy Assessment, please call (866) 527-7283.
Find additional energy-saving tips from the U.S. Department of Energy.
This program covers all single family homes in Belchertown, East Longmeadow, Hampden, Longmeadow, Monson, Palmer, Springfield, and Wilbraham that are eligible for home energy assessments sponsored by the Mass Save program. Please input your zip code into the form above to see if your home qualifies.
Multi-family homes will be added soon. Some restrictions may apply. Offer subject to change without notice.