What's available in my area?
Residential customers of the Cool Smart Program Sponsors can receive a $750 Rebate if they have a licensed plumber install a qualified Heat Pump Water Heater when replacing an existing electric storage tank water heater or in the process of building a new home.
- Purchase a qualifying Heat Pump Water Heater (See Below)
- Work with a licensed Plumber Install your new Heat Pump Water Heater (See Installation Guidelines below)
- Fill out the 2013 Heat Pump Water Heater Rebate Form (See Below)
- Make sure you fill out the form completely, accurately and legibly
- To see an example of a properly completed Heat Pump Water Heater form, please click here.
- To see an example of an invoice, please click here.
- Attach the following to the Rebate Form
- Dated receipt with product information Including: (If Purchased through Retailer)
- Water Heater Make and Model #
- Purchase Price
- Purchase Date
- Contractor Invoice Including:(Required with every Application)
- Contractor Name and License Number
- Installation Date
- Water Heater Make, Model and Size
- Customer name and installation address
- Installed cost
Follow these links for more information:
2013 Heat Pump Water Heater Rebate Form.
Qualified Heat Pump Water Heater Models.
Frequently Asked Questions.
Installation Guidelines (For Plumbers).
Massachusetts residents who have an active, residential, electric account with one of the following Program Sponsors are eligible for this rebate when they:
- Replace an existing Electric Storage Tank Water Heater with a qualified Heat Pump Water Heater (Oil, Propane and Natural Gas water heater replacements are not eligible for this rebate)
- Install a qualified Heat Pump Water Heater in the construction of a new home.