What's available in my area?
The HEAT Loan Program provides customers the opportunity to apply for a 0% loan from participating lenders to assist with the installation of qualified energy efficient improvements in their homes. The loans are available up to $25,000 (depending on utility & lender) with terms up to 7 years. To qualify for the loan, the customer must own a one-to-four-family residence, obtain a Mass Save Home Energy Assessment, and install qualified energy efficiency measures recommended by a Mass Save representative.
Energy Efficiency Improvements Eligible for the HEAT Loan Program:
- Attic, Wall, and Basement Insulation
- High Efficiency Heating Systems
- Central Air Conditioning/ Air Source Heat Pumps
- Ductless Mini Split Heat Pumps
- High Efficiency Domestic Hot Water Systems
- Solar Hot Water Systems
- 7-Day Digital & Wi Fi Thermostats
- ENERGY STAR® Qualified Replacement Windows
How It Works
- Customer must sign up for a Home Energy Assessment from an authorized Mass Save program vendor.*
- A Mass Save representative will assess your energy efficiency improvement needs and determine what improvements are eligible for financing. The representative will provide a HEAT Loan Intake Form, and all other applicable documentation.*
HEAT Loan Frequently Asked Questions
Review the Steps to Participate to learn all the steps in the HEAT Loan application process.
Please review the applicable HEAT Loan information below. You will receive your HEAT Loan forms during your Home Energy Assessment. Please note: forms differ by utility and energy efficiency service provider.
*Multifamily Complex Condo Owners
All residential individually metered electric and natural gas multifamily condo owners are eligible to participate in the Mass Save HEAT Loan Program. Condo owners require a Home Energy Assessment, but must have participated in the Multifamily Retrofit Program in the past or present. Click here to for eligibility information and details on qualified energy efficient upgrades.
Please call (866) 527-7283 to schedule a no cost home energy assessment to determine eligibility for this incentive.