Conventional single-speed pool pumps use the same pump speed regardless of the task assigned, wasting energy in the process. Multi-speed and variable speed ENERGY STAR certified models are designed to use the optimal pump speed, saving you thousands of dollars in energy costs over the lifetime of the product! Ask your pool pump dealer about special offers on ENERGY STAR certified pool pumps supported by the sponsors of Mass Save®.
Save Money and Energy with an ENERGY STAR Certified Pool Pump
ENERGY STAR certified pool pumps adjust the pump speed to match the task - for example, slower speeds for filtration, higher speeds for cleaning. This also means that they:
- Use 70% less energy than conventional single-speed pool pumps
- Can save you more than $350 per year in energy costs
- Run quieter and prolong the life of your pool’s filtering system
- Use reliable multi-speed or variable speed technology
- Can pay for themselves in energy savings in less than 3 years
Installing a new ENERGY STAR certified pool pump is the best way to increase your energy efficiency. Here are some additional tips to save on your yearly pool-related energy costs:
- Install a pool timer – Running your pool filter for only six hours a day versus 24 hours a day will reduce your energy use by 75%. You can also program your timer to activate the filter for multiple small periods instead of six straight hours.
- Use a robotic pool cleaner – Robotic pool cleaners can clean debris in your pool while using less energy than your filter would. In fact, a robotic pool cleaner can use as little as 1/8 the energy of a cleaner powered by a filter pump!
- Cover your pool when not in use – Covering your pool when it is not in use can reduce your pool’s heating costs by as much as 50% to 70%! It also reduces the time you spend cleaning, AND conserves water.
- Perform regular preventative maintenance – Performing regular manufacturer recommended maintenance for your pool equipment will help maintain maximum efficiency.
For More Information
For more information on ENERGY STAR certified pool pumps and to find a list of certified models, visit the ENERGY STAR website