Mass Save offers residential customers of program sponsors rebates for purchasing and installing mini-split heat pumps that meet certain energy efficiency standards.
What is a Mini-Split Heat Pump?
A mini-split system is composed of two components: an outdoor condensing unit and one or more indoor air handling units, connected by a conduit through your wall. They usually have no ducts, but can sometimes have a short duct system. Mini-split heat pumps can produce cooling for the summer months and heating in the winter months.
What you should know…
- Mini-split heat pumps can be installed by any MA licensed HVAC contractor
- As with any home improvement, it is good practice to obtain quotes from multiple contractors.
- Typical objectives of installing a Mini-split heat pump can include:
- Reduce the amount of heat supplied by Oil, Propane or Electric Resistance
- Heating and cooling an individual room
- Heating and cooling the whole house
- Regardless of your objective, be clear about understanding what sized unit is right for your space, and how your mini-split heat pump will perform in freezing temperatures.
How the Mini-Split Rebate Program Works:
- Contact your HVAC contractor to determine which HVAC equipment is right for your home.
- Have your contractor review the mail-in Mini-Split Heat Pump Rebate Application with you.
When the work is completed, fill out and submit the form. To submit online, go to MassSave.com/Rebates.
(per indoor Unit)
Split Heat Pump
Split Heat Pump
Note: Mini-Split cooling-only units are not eligible.