As used herein, the words "user," "you" and "your" mean users of the Website and the words "we," "our," and "THE NETWORK" means The RCS Network, the owner and operator of the Website.
When you visit our Website, you may provide us with two types of information: personal information you knowingly choose to disclose, and information that we automatically collect as you browse our Website.
Personal Information You Voluntarily Submit. We collect and store any information you enter on our Website, or provide to us in offline contacts we have with you. Information is collected from visitors to the Website in the following areas:
- Registration - if you register for specific events or contests on various areas of the Website, we will generally ask you to provide contact information, and preferences regarding the event or material for which you desire to register. You may, however, visit our Website without registering.
- Orders - Some areas of the Website may allow you to order products or services, whether or not for a fee. In connection with these transactions, we collect data necessary to complete the transaction and that is furnished by you. This may include contact information, e-mail address, telephone number and your credit card number.
- Surveys - At times, you may be asked to voluntarily complete survey questions that appear on the Website.
- E-mail address- On several screens of our site, you also have an opportunity to communicate with us by E-mail. You may also choose to provide your email address to receive communications from us or affiliated parties.
Information Collected and Stored Automatically. When you browse our Website, you and your Web browser may also transmit information that we automatically collect. We do log the Web pages you visit, the time of your visit, and other click-stream data. This information may be combined with other personal information you have provided. The only other type of information automatically provided to us is the type of computer, operating system and browser you are using. This information is provided by your browser, which we use to improve the performance of our site.
How we use your Personal Information We use your personal information to communicate with you if and when necessary in connection with your use of our Website, to respond to your questions, or to send you material and information you request. We may use your information to:
- Personalize your site experience
- Consider your suggestions
- Possibly respond directly to you for clarification
- Process your request for materials if you make one
- Try to answer your questions if you ask them
- Register you for an event, contest, or sweepstakes, if you request it
- Provide you with e-mail messages and other information regarding upcoming events, new services and general information about our products and services, if you have opted in for that.
Collection and Use of Non-Personally Identifiable Information
The NETWORK may also collect information about you that is not personally identifiable. Examples of this type of information may include:
- the domain name of the website which referred you to the Website;
- your domain type (com, .net, .edu, etc.);
- other standard information included with every communication sent on the Internet, such as browser type, operating system, browser language, service provider, and local time.
Some of our services or promotions are offered through affiliation relationships with other entities, and visitor information may be shared with such affiliated parties.
When you view the Website, we may store some information on your computer. This information will be in the form of a "cookie" or similar file and will help us in many ways. Cookies are small text files placed on your computer's hard drive, so that the NETWORK can recognize you the next time you visit the Website. For example, cookies are used to allow us to track your movements when you visit the Website to help us determine what type of information to present to you and to tailor the Website to better match your interests and preferences.
We may make discussion boards, groups and/or other public forums available to its users. Please remember that any information that is disclosed to these areas becomes public information and you should exercise caution when deciding to disclose your personally identifiable information.
Links to Other Websites
Confidentiality and Security
Any personal information you give out online - such as in discussion boards or groups -- may be collected and used by people you do not know. While the NETWORK strives to protect your information and privacy, we cannot guarantee the security of any such information you disclose online and you do so at your own risk.
The importance of security for all personally identifiable information associated with our users and members is of utmost concern to us. Unfortunately, no data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be secure. As a result, while we strive to protect your personally identifiable information, the NETWORK cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us, and you agree to transmit such information to us at your own risk. Once we receive your personally identifiable information, we will take reasonable efforts to ensure its security on our systems.
Who is Collecting Your Information
Your information is being collected solely by the NETWORK or affiliated parties. See the discussion below under "With whom your information may be shared" concerning the circumstances under which we may disclose certain of your information to third parties.
With Whom Your Information May Be Shared
Retention of Information.
Any information we collect may be retained for an indeterminate period of time.