As used herein, the words “user,” “you,” and “your,” mean users of the Websites and the words “we,” “our,” and “NETWORK” means The RCS Network, the owner and operator of the Websites. We collect two types of information from you or about you in connection with your use of or submissions to the Websites: information you knowingly choose to disclose and information we automatically collect as you browse our Websites.
Information You Voluntarily Submit
We collect and store any information you enter on our Websites. Information is collected from visitors to the Websites in the following areas:
- Registration – If you register for specific information, events, or contests on various areas of the Websites, we will generally ask you to provide contact information and preferences regarding the material, event, or contest for which you desire to register. You may, however, visit our Websites without registering.
- Orders – Some areas of the Websites may allow you to order products or services. In connection with these transactions, we collect data necessary to complete the transaction and that is furnished by you. This may include your contact information, email address, telephone number, credit card number, and information about your home or business.
- Surveys – At times, you may be asked to voluntarily complete survey questions that appear on the Websites.
Information Collected and Stored Automatically
When you browse our Websites, you and your Web browser may also transmit information that we automatically collect. We log the web pages you visit, the time of your visit, and other click-stream data. This information may be combined with information you have provided. The only other type of information automatically provided to us is the type of computer, operating system, and browser you are using. This information is provided by your browser.
How We Use the Information We Collect
We use the information you submit to us to communicate with you if and when necessary in connection with your use of our Websites, to respond to your questions, or to send you material and information you request. We may use the information to:
- Personalize your site experience.
- Consider your suggestions.
- Respond directly to you for clarification.
- Try to answer your questions if you ask them.
- Provide you with email messages and other information regarding upcoming events, new services and general information about our products and services, if you have opted in for that.
We may use any information we collect to analyze statistical use patterns and demographic data (for example, where our visitors come from and what general demographic characteristics they have) and to improve our Websites to better serve our customers.
When you view the Websites, we may store some information on your computer. This information will be in the form of a “cookie” or similar file and will help us in many ways. Cookies are small text files placed on your computer’s hard drive, so that the NETWORK can recognize you the next time you visit the Websites. For example, cookies are used to allow us to track your movements when you visit the Websites to help us determine what type of information to present to you and to tailor the Websites to better match your interests and preferences.
With Whom Your Information May Be Shared
In the course of conducting our business, we may share user information with our affiliates and contractors, to the extent necessary to accomplish the purpose for which the information was submitted. For example, some of our services or promotions are offered through affiliation relationships with other entities, and we may share user information with such affiliated parties to assist them in providing such services or promotions.
Should you happen to initiate a transaction on a website that our Website links to, the information that you submit to complete that transaction becomes subject to the privacy practices of the operator of that linked site. You should read that site’s privacy policies to understand how information collected about you is used and protected. The NETWORK assumes no responsibility for the information practices of sites you are able to access through the Websites.
The NETWORK may disclose user information in special cases when we have reason to believe that disclosing this information is necessary: to comply with law; to cooperate with or seek assistance from law enforcement; or to identify, contact or bring legal action against someone who may be causing injury to or interference with the NETWORK’s rights or property or that of other Websites users or anyone else. We may also disclose user information when necessary to enforce our Terms and Conditions at http://www.masssave.com/terms-and-conditions.
We may make discussion boards, groups and/or other public forums available to its users. Please remember that any information that is disclosed to these areas becomes public information and you should exercise caution when deciding to disclose your personally identifiable information.
Confidentiality and Security