Lighting is a significant operating expense in existing buildings. By upgrading lighting, owners can improve the economics of their buildings while enhancing the visual comfort and productivity of occupants. We provide a wide range of technical guidance for upgrading the efficiency of existing lighting.
We offer incentives for a variety of lighting control technologies, including occupancy sensors and daylight harvesting systems. Incentives are available for more than two dozen types of lighting products, including:
- Remote Mounted Occupancy Sensors
- Daylight Dimming Systems (DDS-FL)
- Occupancy Controlled Step-Dimming Systems
- Wall-Mounted Occupancy Sensors
- Wall-Mounted Vacancy Occupancy Sensors
- Photocell Sensors (lighting systems on 24/7)
- High Bay Fluorescent (HIF) Occupancy Control Systems
This incentive is available to businesses in Massachusetts that are electric customers of these Program Administrators:
- Cape Light Compact
- National Grid
- Western Massachusetts Electric
Download the Retrofit Lighting Systems and Controls Application Form and the Device Codes and Rated Lighting System Wattage Table for eligibility details, terms, and conditions or contact your Program Administrator for more information.
Contact your Program Administrator before purchasing and installing any equipment or for more information.
Not sure who your Program Administrator is? Use the Find Your Program Administrator tool to see the contact information for your gas or electric service area.