We offer financial incentives for the installation of energy management systems (EMS) that automatically turn off equipment through programmable electronic controls.
Incentives are also available for the installation of Vending Miser systems that control the lighting and cooling systems of commercially available vending machines when they are not in use.
This incentive is available to businesses in Massachusetts that are customers of these Program Administrators:
- Berkshire Gas
- Cape Light Compact
- Columbia Gas of Massachusetts
- National Grid
- Liberty Utilities
- Western Massachusetts Electric
Energy Management Systems
To qualify for an incentive, the building’s new energy management system (EMS) must incorporate all EMS strategies listed if they are appropriate to the facility and equipment. Only EMS points associated with control of non-lighting electric end uses and gas end uses are eligible for incentives. Fuel controls, lighting controls, and alarm points are not eligible.
- Only the installation of a new EMS or expansion of an existing system to control additional equipment is eligible for incentives. EMS must be installed in an existing building on existing equipment. The replacement of an operating EMS or existing control points or a software upgrade is not eligible for incentives. The installation of EMS on new equipment is not eligible for incentives.
- An EMS shall include a central operator’s station including a central processing unit, PC (local or remote), monitor and printer. The operator’s station shall be capable of monitoring all sensors and field devices in real time. Communications shall be via modem, communications bus, wireless device or internet connection to other microprocessor-based field services.
- Download the Energy Management Systems Application Form for complete eligibility details, terms, and conditions or contact your Program Administrator for more information.
Vending Miser® Systems
Vending Miser® systems can be installed on vending/cooler equipment scheduled to remain in service for a minimum of 3 years. Only refrigerated beverage vending machines, glass-front refrigerated coolers and non-refrigerated snack vending machines with lighting that contain non-perishable goods and that are installed indoors are eligible for a Vending Miser System incentive.
Download the Vending Miser System Application Form for complete eligibility details, terms, and conditions or contact your Program Administrator for more information.
Contact your Program Administrator before purchasing and installing any equipment or for more information.
Not sure who your Program Administrator is? The Program Administrator tool (on the right above) provides contact information for your service area.